Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #21
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Well here's my 2 cents. The customer ordered the wrong tire for the aplcation. He is a customer and not a tire expert. The service manager holds himself out as the expert that the customer relies on. It is the service managers responsibity to make sure any part installed on the customers vehicle is in fact the proper part. Be it tires, brakes or a fan belt. This in not about just the wrong tires it's about doing the job as a professional and taking responsibility when you mess up. JMHO

Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #22
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I thought that a service person was responsible for installing of safe configurations. Aren't they responsible NOT to install something where it does NOT belong, like a P tire on an LT application. The only time they should be allowed to do this, if the customer specifically overrides the safety application, then the busines should get in writing that the customer is knowingly accepting an unsafe configurarion.

I haven't heard from tire guy LonnieB in a long time but I have a feeling he'd support that the tire dealier did something wrong, allowing the misapplication. Note, not all Load Range E's are created equal. I had a Michelin dealer almost sell me a lesser cost load range Michelin tire. They were both Load Range E, but the stamped numbers on the sidewall showed the cheaper tire did NOT have the higher load range for the more expensive tire I ended up buying. Fortunately, I caught it and the dealer mentioned,"oops, glad you caught that". It was a busy shop and I have a feeling the tire tech would have caught it, but I'm sure me catching it meant the dealer noticed that I as a knowing customer who cared what they bought regardless of the price.

c214dick, I hope you get the dealer to cover this with only a price difference you might have to cover for the proper tires, but everything else should be the tire dealer's dime.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:40 AM   #23
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Here's an update to my tire problem. As of yesterday new Michelin Defenders were installed on my truck. Thanks to Michelin for stepping up to the plate and doing a goodwill warranty of a 40% discount. Now the real battle begins with Sears for additional reimbursement.
I'm not looking for a total reimbursement. I am willing to pay the difference in cost between to different tires
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:30 AM   #24
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Glad to hear Michelin was willing to help.
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #25
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
They were very professional and wiling to help. My situation is considered a "mis application" which is not covered under warranty. However, whether I ordered the wrong tire or the wrong one was shipped is not the issue. I'm only glad I have the correct tires on. To add insult to injury, the assistant mgr could not understand why I changed tires. He didn't think there was anything wrong with having P tires on an LT application. Another nail in Sears coffin.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #26
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Glad everything worked out!

What makes me laugh is when you see the TV commercials For the service centers whether it be Sears, Jiffy Lube etc. They all say "Let our trained experts work on your vehicle" or something like that. Yes sir ree, Years of schooling and years of on the job experience. It just gives me the warm and fuzzies when my truck is pulled into the service bay.
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #27
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
They were not special order. Ordered through their web site which was recommended by their service mgr to save $. Lesson learned. Will only deal with tire experts in the future not tire wanna be's.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #28
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
As of today Sears has not done anything to reimburse me. After sending a letter to the store mgr and numerous calls, he never responded. I sent a letter to their corporate office which was answered almost immediately with no less than 5 different department transfers and a lot of "sorry". The last person I talked to turned it around and put the monkey back on the Kenosha Sears service mgr. They gave him until last Wed to respond to their email and contact me. NOT!!After more unanswered phone calls I filed a complaint with the Wisconsin Consumer Protection Dept. A form, letter and documentation were sent today. My fingers are crossed.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 AM   #29
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
On August 25 I received an email from the Wisconsin Dept of Consumer Protection telling me that they would contact Sears on my behalf. Yesterday I received a call from the Sears Auto Service Center. After a lot of bs he offered me a settlement that would cover my original cost of the original cost of the first set of passenger tires. I'm supposed to pick up the refund today.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:03 AM   #30
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Persistence pays off Dick! Might have to go to Discount Tire next time for tires! :>)
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:27 AM   #31
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
That is exactly what Sears should have done to begin with. Now they get all this bad publicity and haft to do it anyway. And they wonder why they are loosening money.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #32
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Stopped and received a credit back to my Visa for $xxx.xx. This covers the difference between the original cost and the amount Michelin "good willed"the