Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
prodigy controller

Hi all, today while going to our second CG in Maine we had a problem. My brake controller was showing error codes. The codes were SH, oL and NC. these codes were not always displayed, sometimes .C. was displayed for connected. SH was on most of the time and when I would touch the brakes or slide the lever oL would display. The other weird part is when NC was displayed "not connected" my trailer lights were still on.

thanks for anybody that can help.

kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Kevin, I can't answer all the codes but the NC code has happened to me. I have had lights but no trailer brakes. The tail end of the plug seems to drop just a hair and the brake hot seems to loose connection.
Good luck on the trouble shooting.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Red939
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7928
The only time I had problems with my Prodigy was when I failed to properly secure the Montana's plug to the truck's receptical.
Red939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
rgn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5555
CHECK YOUY BRAKE WIREING ON THE TRAILER FOR A SHORT .WHERE WIRE GOES INTO THE AXELA
rgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
See there are no new posts on this. Maybe uou got it fixed? My usual problems are as mentioned, when it comes partially disocnnected. My prodigy did go funky last year..............new one fixed it. They do have a no difficult questions asked lifetime warranty BTW.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
If I have a trailer hooked on or nothing hooked on when ever I use the truck brakes the unit shows a code of a C with no bottom, a upside down L. When I do have a trailer hooked up and move the manual lever by hand nothing happens, no brakes.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #7
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Sorry for the no posts on results. Been very busy in the great state of Maine. Well I did a lot of stuff, as in doing all the connections over I could find. I did all the wires under my truck were the receptacle was spliced into the truck wiring, rechecked the pinbox junction box connections, cut he under belly to gain access to the splices of the main brake wiring and checked all brake wires. So far all is working as it should. I was told by a rv tech my problem was probably at the connections on the truck. He advised me to cut all of them off and use a good butt connecters and Liquid tape ( a must). I wish I could have done one thing at a time and tried it but, I would have had to drive the monty each time to check if what I did worked. Sitting setup at the site I could not get it to show errors. I also found a loose connection under the underbelly. So far so good. Oh another thing I haven't needed to adjust my controller setting in a long time, but now, I needed to turn it down some the brakes were really grabbing.

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote