Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #21
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yup Steve, if you are Open-Housing your rig for show and tell at Kerrville, just let me know what you like to drink and what kind of cookies you like (and your wife, too) and we're stopping by for a visit. I don't think my digital camera will ever work so hard.. lol... and if Glenn is there, too, I better buy a lot more Flash cards!

btw - going back to the topic, would the converter (right next to the steps on my rig) overheat and cause any problems I need to watch out for? Any advice on this?

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I would doubt it. There is a lot of open area in there as well as openings into the basement for that to happen.

BTW- this is also where I have my Hughes Autoformer located.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Art, if it's like other rallies we've been to you'll have lots of ideas to look at.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #24
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ah yes Steve, I've read that before in other rallies there will be a rally subject for folks to discuss their modifications and improvements. I'll have to bake extra cookies. It should be fun.

Glenn, thanks for your opinion on the heat, I won't worry about the heat in that area. I don't recall any venting out of that area, but it's probably still not gonna be a problem. Next time we go out in the heat, I will create a cover for the vent.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:39 AM   #25
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Further to the discussion of the stair grates- I found that during cold weather there is a very cool draft of air from the pit area that comes in through them. I have fitted sliding doors so it is easy to close them off when the furnace is not running. I think that even if they remain closed when the furnace is running there is enough fresh air available to the furnace from the pit area for proper combustion to take place. Of course the intake air is cooler than it would be when drawn from inside.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote