Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
mountainmole
Established Member

M.O.C. #4562
Plumbingly Challenged

A strange one I think. All of a sudden both kitchen sinks are stopped up. Have tried the usual fixes; plumbers helper, disassembled traps and ran a snake down to holding tank -- all clear. Checked vent, not blocked. Don't know what to do next except a dealer and good luck to me finding one just before the holiday. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

mountainmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mountainmole

A strange one I think. All of a sudden both kitchen sinks are stopped up. Have tried the usual fixes; plumbers helper, disassembled traps and ran a snake down to holding tank -- all clear. Checked vent, not blocked. Don't know what to do next except a dealer and good luck to me finding one just before the holiday. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Galley drain open? Not sure but I think all the Keystone line has 3 waste holding tanks now. On our Mountaineer, the galley tank drain valve is just in front of the wheel on the dump side. Not sure where it is on other models.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
On our trailer (2955) the galley tank drain handle is located between the two wheels on the dump side. Best kept secret in RV land.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
You don't sound at all challenged to me, but I can't think of anything other than your galley tank is full. Either you forgot to drain it, or there is a blockage in the tank drain line. If the latter, you could try gently forcing water back towards the tank, (you can buy sewer line end caps with a hose connection). Good luck, hate to see anyone miss out on a long weekend.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
mountainmole
Established Member

M.O.C. #4562
I think I forgot alot of info. I'm a 2006 3400 RL. My challenged owner did check the grey tank and in fact all my other drains (shower & bath sink are draining fine). He even stuck a snake down my kitchen drain and there was no obstruction at all. I was draining just fine till yesterday after breakfast. I guess I'm off the the Monty doc. Castor Oil anyone? I seem to always get sick on Holidays.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
mountainmole
Established Member

M.O.C. #4562
SlickWillie, Pete and John & Donna,
Never in my owners wildest imagination did he ever even think there was a third holding tank. Personally, I think he didn't pay enough attention at the walk thru a year ago. Anyway he's now on his 2nd bottle of beer and although throughly embarassed he wants to thank you all for your quick and accurate assessment. You all are the greatest!!!