Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Slide topper check

So the bad is on me for not checking things closely as to how my A & E topper hardware was mounted. There are two holes in the mounting bracket that the extension tubes slide into that hold the end fittings to the secure the topper roller. My tubes are shifted outwards so that the in most hole of the mounting bracket can not secure the extension tube in two places. What's not so nice about this is that the extension tube is not rigidly held in the bracket, which allows for movement of the end fitting that the roller tube mounts in. I also had the ONE screw fall out on the top of my ladder when I moved the extension tube...seems the screw was twisted into two pieces and the head was re-inserted into the hole. Can you see your slide topper roller departing ways like going down the highway? None of my three slide topper brackets have two screws to secure the extension tube. I am drilling an additional hole in the bracket where it can engage the extension tube in two places. I would reccomend seeing how secure your hardware is. John

jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote