Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #21
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset19 View Post
The HDMI cable between the TV and AV unit was not plugged into the AV unit on our new rig. That prevented the HDMI ARC link from providing TV audio to the AV unit speakers. After plugging it in to the AV unit, the DVD player video would work as well. The cable was routed but not plugged in.
There you go.

Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #22
CWB
Established Member

M.O.C. #28205
Has anyone tried the compression hinges and if so, how did they work? Also can anyone point me towards the gas struts mentioned? Having trouble finding them for glass doors. Thanks.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #23
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWB View Post
Has anyone tried the compression hinges and if so, how did they work? Also can anyone point me towards the gas struts mentioned? Having trouble finding them for glass doors. Thanks.
If you have Facebook there is a group called "3120/21rl Montana Owners Group" Almost anything you can think of people have done. Other models use the same type of hardware. There are several posts on there about adding struts to that cabinet glass door. Ours has compression hinges and stays up just fine. Here's a link to the struts that some people have added. There are others available too but this one has a lighter rating so it's not as stiff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WWBCK6Z...XATRVjs6-NHAyM
drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
CWB
Established Member

M.O.C. #28205
Thanks for the info. I was really hoping to find some solution that did not require drilling into the glass. From what I can tell the struts you showed would require drilling to make them work. Might not be a big deal but would prefer to go with no drill option. Any thoughts on that? Thank you all. This is a great and very helpful group.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #25
CWB
Established Member

M.O.C. #28205
Oh yeah forgot to mention that I banished myself from Facebook after the last election. Just made me crazy so that is not an option for me. Thanks.