Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #21
airboatart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17939
Spray silicone works wonders on the friction hinges.I spray mine about 1 a month,makes all the difference in the world.

airboatart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
It just blows my mind why RV manufacturers think that they have to reinvent the wheel. From Keystone's not in command system to friction door hinges 2 super duper Bright Stadium like LED lights that light up not just your own campsite but everyone else's.

There's just some things that don't need to be improved upon
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #23
Carguy1965
Established Member

M.O.C. #22777
Our 2019 3121RL is at the dealer right now having the door replaced in warranty. Had an issue with binding up in the top left corner of the door
frame. They adjusted it once when it was just a few months old and it helped for a little while but over time it got way worse, my wife or grandkids could not close the door at all. So we carried it back after our most recent beach trip and they are putting in a new door. Hope that fixes the issue.. I always use double 2x10's under my landing gear and typically manually adjust the level both ways with a construction level on the garage floor once we are set up..

Good luck with yours.

2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 CTD
Carguy1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #24
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1965 View Post
Our 2019 3121RL is at the dealer right now having the door replaced in warranty. Had an issue with binding up in the top left corner of the door
frame. They adjusted it once when it was just a few months old and it helped for a little while but over time it got way worse, my wife or grandkids could not close the door at all. So we carried it back after our most recent beach trip and they are putting in a new door. Hope that fixes the issue.. I always use double 2x10's under my landing gear and typically manually adjust the level both ways with a construction level on the garage floor once we are set up..

Good luck with yours.
Do yourself a favor and buy some Hopkins graduated levels Mount one to the side near the overhang on the driver side and one in the front just around the corner after you get the camper as level as you want it.

From there on out you won't have to use your level at all, and you will know which side of the camper has to go up and how much. They will also indicate how much the front has to go up or down. They are graduated in inches and pretty accurate
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #25
Earl3721RL

M.O.C. #19756
John, my door has gotten stiffer lately also. Open your door and look closely at the hinges. 2 of my hinges appear to have cracks in in them. You can see the split in the metal compared to the solid sections of the rest of the hinge. My door is starting to rub on the top corner also. I think my door is sagging a bit from the splits in the hinges. You may have the same issue.
Earl3721RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #26
Traveltimers2
Established Member

M.O.C. #19203
John McLean - a rig that sits long time has a tendency to settle. Could be that rig is now out of level which would throw off door openings as such!
Traveltimers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #27
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
The friction hinges our 2020 3121rl were so stiff you could see the whole door frame move when you opened and closed the door. I did a little research and discovered that only the top and bottom are friction hinges and the center is a regular hinge. I used a screwdriver to open the crack in the hinge itself and the door opens and closes much easier than before. Based on my experiences I believe it's the split hinge that makes it a friction hinge.

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #28
The McCoys
Established Member

M.O.C. #26007
Door issue

Just finished spraying some good ole WD 40 in the hinges of our 330RL. Cleared up the problem immediately. I had my doubts because the door had become surprisingly difficult to open and close. But! All is well now. Still a little resistance because of the friction hinges, but as you probably know, that’s normal. Lots of good advice here already I see, so I’m just sharing my particular experience. Hope it helps.
The McCoys is offline   Reply With Quote