Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Product Input: Shower type
Fiberglass shower with fiberglass seat (currently installed in Montana) 47 71.21%
Fiberglass shower with flip down cedar seat (seat like show in plastic shower picture) 13 19.70%
Plastic / PVC shower. It's all about the look and I like it best. Example shown in picture. 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2021, 05:34 AM   #21
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
My wife has mobility issues. I look at those folding seats and can picture all of the sharp edges and what kind of hurt it can do with a slip. Not to mention a fall

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #22
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Polls in general

Thank you to everyone who has responded to this poll. This is great input and great conversations.

I find it sad that I'm told and read posts that everyone wants to provide product input, but I can only get 24 votes on this poll.

I'll continue to do this, but it seems to be the same handful that take time to provide their information. And I'm so thankful for that!

My goal is to design Montana that improves your "life experience". While providing it at a total price that is not out of the reach of most people. This is what drives me!
Old 01-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #23
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Thank you to everyone who has responded to this poll. This is great input and great conversations.

I find it sad that I'm told and read posts that everyone wants to provide product input, but I can only get 24 votes on this poll.

I'll continue to do this, but it seems to be the same handful that take time to provide their information. And I'm so thankful for that!

My goal is to design Montana that improves your "life experience". While providing it at a total price that is not out of the reach of most people. This is what drives me!
Thanks for your continued push for excellence; it stands out amongst a crowded industry!

As to polls; I wonder if there is a way for moderators to change the maximum responses?
For example, on the "What truck do you pull with", there are hundreds of responses.

Mods, thoughts?
Thanks!

Brad
Old 01-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #24
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Thanks for your continued push for excellence; it stands out amongst a crowded industry!

As to polls; I wonder if there is a way for moderators to change the maximum responses?
For example, on the "What truck do you pull with", there are hundreds of responses.

Mods, thoughts?
Thanks!

Brad
I don't want to hijack this Thread. But I don't understand what you are asking for. AFAIK there is no limit on the number of response. In fact there are around 1,026 responses currently. The bigger issue is that poll started seven years ago and is likely to be not as representative as it should be.

If you want to purse this more, please start a new Thread and can discuss it in detail.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:13 PM   #25
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
I don't want to hijack this Thread. But I don't understand what you are asking for. AFAIK there is no limit on the number of response.
Just responding to Sam's post a couple ago;

"I find it sad that I'm told and read posts that everyone wants to provide product input, but I can only get 24 votes on this poll."
Maybe I totally misunderstood, but thought he meant the polling had a limit of 24.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #26
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post

Sam I appreciate your efforts to improve the Montana line and hope you will continue to do so. I know it has to be disheartening but you are getting some good feedback.

As you mentioned, many folks always want to point out issues and want "improvements" yet when provided with the opportunity to offer input fail to do so. Seems that is the way it is with most things any more. I would suggest that you use the results you have received and use them as a guide to the overall desires of the community - similar to the way a national poll speaks for everyone. Those that are interested in what you determine will speak up, the others will get the end product based on the info you have been provided.

Wishing you well in your endeavor to improve your end product.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #27
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
The shower in our trailer is the best we've had. It is smooth and not a tiled look which makes drying it out after each use easy. The built in seat is just fine. The shower in the pic looks to be a marketing driven "upgrade". That flip seat will a cleaning/maintenance problem. Yes it looks good on the showroom floor but like most "features" like that, they become owner problems down the road. I prefer performance over the looks. You folks have the purchasing horsepower to dictate to manufacturers how to make the products you use. If shower tubs, or any other components show a pattern of failures, then shop those vendors that will meet your requirements.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #28
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
I prefer what we have now. Yes sometimes I sit to shave my legs so it comes in handy. The other option would be a removable seat to be just used as needed. The fiberglass is durable and easy to clean.
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #29
Pa_5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20027
Actually, I must have a shower seat due to severe balance issues. In fact, that's why we went from tent camping to a fifth wheel. My husband couldn't go into the shower house to steady me whenever I have to close my eyes.
As far as the type of seat, I don't much care. I prefer function over looks.
Pa_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #30
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Shower pull

Thank you for the continued votes and feedback.

We purchased one of the seats from the picture and sent it to our testing lab. Per our test, few grown adults could set on it. I'd don't think I'll be going that direction.

Again, thank you to everyone.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #31
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
I voted for the current setup. We don’t use the seat, wouldn’t trust the flip up/down cedar seat. A small foot prop would suffice for shaving needs and the unused seat space would be better off as just more room in the shower. Thanks for taking input.
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #32
Olijello

M.O.C. #25981
I love the "look" of the plastic shower, but I would much rather have the trouble free fiberglass. My suggestion for the seat would be to maybe make it a bit smaller, not lower. My DW loves the seat as is for bathing our grandkids when they visit. We have never used it as a seat, but she does like having somewhere to prop her leg for shaving. I have enjoyed this shower more than any other that I've used in a trailer. I'm sure as we get older we will have more need of the seat. Thank you for even asking what the customer thinks.
Olijello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:54 PM   #33
Ozarkwoods
Established Member

M.O.C. #26357
To me the cedar seat is a waste. For what reason would you sit? The fiber glass ledge to put your foot on to was is all that’s needed. No holes in the wall for possible water leaks. Plastic walls that look like tile is just about as bad as the plastic brick in the kitchen, that I removed and replaced a day after taking delivery.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #34
JAWs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21771
Since the purchase of my new '16 3791, whether one person showered or two, the rule is if no one showers after you, wipe the shower down to dry. Five years later it still looks brand new. HOWEVER, the design of the shower walls is the biggest pain in the butt to dry or clean EVER!
JAWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:38 AM   #35
azwiz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23139
You won't be able to get a one piece fiberglass in bathroom. They put them in while being built, just like a house.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW, Aisin, 4:10, B&W 3600 Companion
2019 3121RL Montana 20th Anniversary Edition
Did you ever stop to think, and forgot to start again?
azwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #36
jmb98
Established Member

M.O.C. #22945
I've seen the newer showers with the new fold-up seat. Pretty & the 5' shower length is nice, but no shelves for shampoos/soaps seems like someone didn't think out the "needs" of a shower. In our 3921FB, we've used that solid seat in the shower a lot for shaving & DH's balance issues, along with the grab bar. The small one in the back shelf of our shower is solid & sometimes just enough. The new showers don't have that. I'll stick with our fiberglass shower. It's not that hard to clean, either.
jmb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #37
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We both use the shower seat in ours. At my age and lack of balance it helps when washing feet and lower legs (I don't shave them though) but DW does. We don't have any issue with loss of space from the seat as we are just standing in one place anyway. Not playing tennis or anything there. The folding cedar seat looks nice but I just don't feel it will hold up over time. The solid molded in seat is not likely to malfunction ever. Ours also has some shelving in the upper corners that is very nice for soap and shampoo storage. And the knowledge that it can be repaired if we do chip it is good to know.
Thanks for starting the survey Sam. I'll always participate.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote