Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hosting of your Pictures.

Just found another site for hosting those pics we all want to link to or use them in our signatures
Check it out at TinyPic.com

This is the best part...
TinyPic will even email the link tags to you..

Here's one I experimented with...

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:33 AM   #2
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Hey Glenn....How do I obtain and us the weather / location bar you have in your postings?

Thanks
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:56 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You can get the weather bar at wunderground but it would be easier for me to just do the hard part for you.

This what you want????.....

Copy and paste the following into your signature block within your profile.

[*img]http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/US/FL/Old_Town.gif[/img*]

Be sure to remove the 2 "*"

Old 12-12-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Boy are some kind of gentleman...sure appreciate you doing the hard work..Now if I could just get you to install my Edge chip...

Thanks Glenn
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
test
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Okay Glenn wise ole computer wizard. I possted this last month and I'm still mystified. I can see all the pictures on the forum but I cannot see the weather/town pictures. I can on my computer at the stick house but not my Sony in the Montana. Any thoughts? I notice at the bottom of the page it says HTML is off. Is it suppose to say that? If not, how do I turn it on. I've searched all kinds of things and cannot come up with anything.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Got me on that one. When you say "weather/town pictures" are you referring to the 2 weather graphics in your signature ie; Hemet, CA & Morgan Hill, CA?

You should be seeing the Hemet and Morgan Hill weather graphics above.

Why you would be able to see them on one computer and not another is a bit baffling.
One possibility is your Sony viewing a "cache". Click on the browsers refresh button and see what happens.
Another possibility is the Sony has a very slow connection speed and the 2 graphics are very slow to load. Be sure the page is fully loaded.
If possible set the Sony up in the house and see what happens

The HTML is OFF is a Forumco thing simply meaning you cannot use HTML in your posts but instead they want you to use Forum Code. The Forum Code works but it severely limits what can be done on a web site. I would just love to be able to use HTML.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:02 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Glenn, are you going to the Reno Rally? If you are would you consider doing a seminar on how to insert pictures into our posts? You seem to be the expert here on this and we novices could use some help. Thanks for considering this request.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Won't be 100% sure until we get there but we are about 90% sure we will be there. Just have a few things to work out.

BUT while on the subject I was considering putting a web page together for just such a purpose. I do a whole lot better on paper than I do trying to verbally explain. Never was much of a person to person instructer.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:58 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Parrothead, those "thermometers" may be an active-x module. I'm not sure about that. If they are, then your security settings are probably blocking them. Try going to internet explorer's tools/internet options/security tab, click on the Internet globe, then the custom level button. In there for anything that references active-x, if it's set to 'disabled', set it to 'prompt' or 'enabled'. Write down which ones you changed so you can put them back. Close IE and restart IE. Can you see the temp things now? If so, go back and return each of those settings individually to it's original settings until you discover which one allows you to see the temperature. Don't forget to close IE and restart IE after each change. If you want to easily get back to where you were in moc when closing/restarting IE, drag the address icon in the address bar to your desktop. Close IE, then doubleclick that icon to reopen IE and take you back to where you were. You should still be logged into MOC. My guess is the setting to try first is the one to "run active-x controls and plug-ins."

I don't think they'd be seen as a popup but if you have a popup blocker running, turn it off and see if you now see them.

Another possibility - if you have an antivirus application running, is it blocking scripts? I'm not sure if yours would stop the temp display but it's a possibility.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote