Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Let The Fun Begin!

Well, started this morning to give the Monty a thorough cleaning. Got alot of work ahead of me . Want to get it finished before the heat and humidity starts here in Charleston,SC. Already had a couple days in the mid 80's.

Started with some good ole scubbing up on the roof. Used blue dawn and a little plain spic n span. Not spotless but you should have seen the dirt that came off. Came whiter than I expected.

Next, washed rest of rig with blue dawn to get all the dirt, grit and grim off. Didn't realize it was so dirty .

Now for the FUN. Yes I even started to wax the rig. Didn't get to far though. I will continue to work on it the rest of the week. Using Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax. It is doing a great job. especially with the rest of the black streaks. Not much extra rubbing needed. It is nice to see this rig starting to shine again .

junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations on getting to it! When we get home I've got that in front of me and I know I'll be inventing reasons to procrastinate.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We have spent many hot yet wonderful days in Charleston. The humidity alone can make you uncomfortable. We have 2 sons who are graduates of The Citadel, therefore we have experienced your weather. We don't envy your task. Love the City and have fond memories. We still try to visit there at least once a year and still have good friends there. As it is a short trip for you , we would take this oppertunity to invite you to the Mid Atlantic Rally. It will be at Willow Tree CG near North MB. Hope to see you there. Larry....Sorry , I failed to realize that "Chucktown" wasn't your home. You're still invited. While you are in C make sure to see a Friday afternoon parade at The Citadel, It is spectacular. A full dress regimental parade. Public welcome and one of the citys greatest attractions.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Good for you! It warms my heart to hear of someone taking such good care of their rig.
Now if only it would get warm here in Colorado! Well, that won't happen here until May. Enjoy your warm weather!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
I did NEED to get cleaning it. It had been neglected for almost a year. Not all my fault, where we parked for the last year we were not allowed to wash anything Monty or truck. No excess water usage due to city water (high water bill). I would take truck to car wash and do it by hand, but the Monty stayed put. And we were parked under a couple trees and they took their toll. That being said, this was MANDATORY when i was checking where to park down here.

Larry, I am down here from Cleveland for work, so we will not be able to pull up for the ralley. However if I it works into my schedule the wife and I would like to come up for a visit one day. And thank you for the info on Citadel, I will have to find some info on it.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
You are more than welcome to stop in for a visit during the rally. Vickie and I will be in the Charleston area over St. Pats weekend. Hope to see you then.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Jim, I have the date you told me marked. However you might want to remind me when you get here, I WILL probably forget. We are looking forward to meeting you and your wife.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #8
southern thunder
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12211
All that wax on and wax off should make you a shoe in for The Karate Kid Part 4.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #9
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
With a nice subtitle.

Karate Kid Part 4
The Montana vs. The over age, outta shape kid.

Oh, by the way- who do you think will win? My bets on the Montana
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
I was stationed at Charleston, AFB in '70. Was a maintenance crew chief on C-141's and aC-5A's. I am thinking of maybe coming back this year for a visit to see how things have changed in the last 42 years. Better wash and wax the Monty before we come down. Happy Camping.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #11
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Farmboy, the AFB is where I will be working. My company is doing the concrete paving for the long runway they are reconstructing. Right now I am seeing loads of our batch plant and paver in. The work isn't scheduled to start until mid March. That's why I am trying to get the Monty in shape now. When work starts it will be out of the question with the hours we work.

It rained most of the Monday so no waxing, but will be starting today as soon as I get off this computer.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Go visit Jim Fischer in New Bern, he has a huge pole barn with air conditioning and will be glad to help wax that beast. He LOVES doing that. Just tell him Dave sent you
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Trying to start something are we Dave? I don't know if you read the post where my largest window shade string broke. But someone on here told me you are good at that and would come restring it for me .

Well I haven't been killing myself. So far about 3 half days and got the Monty about half done. A ling way to go .
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jim will restring your shades, I trained him, not once but twice. He is a bit slow and need some remedial work but he finally got it..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
We have a new Monty and we took some paint off of it on a basketball pole. Tried to get the touch up paint and was told we could get it at GM or Sherwin Williams. I called both places and they didn't recognize the color Ghost Ten or SB902. Does anyone know where we can get the paint? Our Vin does not show in their database either.
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote