Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Do You Have This

One of the things I have picked up in the past couple of years was a Super Chamois at a motorcycle rally. I was really impressed by the demonstration and spent the $19.95 for the set.

I carry a couple of pieces on the Hanna, and on this past trip DW spilled a full glass of ice tea. (Well, the dog helped spill it!) I grabbed the super chamois, wet it, wrung it out, and placed it on the spilled area. It sopped up the ice tea with no problem. I had used a piece in the stick-brick house on a throw rug, when puppy (not wife this time) had an accident. Placing it on the spot and letting it do its work showed no sign of wetness on either side of the throw. (That was a test and of course we washed the throw rug.) This stuff is super absorbent and is a nice thing to carry along with you. I did a search and here is a site I found.

Super Chamois

You may even find it at one of your favorite stores. If you do, please let us know. I need to pick up some more for outside washing chores.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
It looks the same thing I bought several years ago at an RV show. I thought this to be a great thing until I used it to wipe down vehicles after a wash. It would leave water streaks, did not work as well as the old fashioned sheep chamois.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have looked at the super Chamois, and several other brands and they seem to be exactly the same as a product that I picked up almost 30 years ago. It is called a "Fireman's Friend" and I got at the fire station I was working at at the time. We used it to wipe down that fire apparatus after we returned from a run. They are not as absorbent as a sheep chamois but they are a whole lot easier to maintain and store and don't lend themselves to mold or rot. I still have and use my fireman's friend and it has been stored damp the whole time. It came in a plastic tube with a tight lid and that is where it has been stored since I bought it way back when. Very good item for the rig, and you can get them many places... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have never used it as a wipe down chamois for a vehicle. But if you spill something on any type of carpet, it is one great super sponge.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Waynem, we bought some at an RV show. Works great for spills.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote