Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
To Lady RV....

expect a PM from me. Deleted twice in one day is beyond my comprehension and this will probably make 3.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Geez Glenn, did my answer post get deleted too?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
We await your pm with great expectations. How nice of you to let everyone know. And now, Glenn, and any others that may wonder about such things.

The MOC is a privately owned Forum. Rules are set up by the owner. One of those rules applies to inappropriate posts. Any inappropriate or questionable posts can and will be removed or edited. The post to which you are referring was deemed to be inappropriate for MOC.

Emmel,
Yes. Yours as well as any other replies would have been deleted as well. That is the way the process works. We could go through by each post but that would be very time consuming and we've found that if the originating message is missing replies often don't make any sense because there is no reference point to work from.

So do be aware that any and all posts can and will be removed if they are deemed to NOT meet the basic Mission Statement of the MOC.

We are happy to report that very few times have we had to delete posts. And only a few instances of editing. This is a very well disciplined group and that makes the Forum what it is. Thank you all for making it work as well as it does.

Standing by for any PMs.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I know the whole routine about the rules set by the owner and I can fully understand them but as the Admins work pretty much as a committee who is it that decided my post was inappropriate? Surely not the committee as there wasn't enough time between the original post and the deletion to have a committee meeting. Sounds to me as it is a decision of one Admin and his rules and not that of the Admins as a group.
I have had a number of emails from MOCers saying they were fortunate enough to have seen the graphic and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it and only a prude would have deleted it. Why not send this graphic to the "owner" for his decision.

AND my PM was sent at Dec 22 2006 : 9:55:32 PM to Lady RV. It is now after 1 PM on Dec 23rd and I have had no response.

BTW here's a copy of the mission statement...

Montana Owner's RV Club Mission Statement

The Mission of the Montana Owner's RV Club shall be to:

"To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

The Montana RV Club is a club organized for the enjoyment of all owners of
Montana, Montana Big Sky 5th Wheels, Montana Mountaineer RVs or
any person who is planning on buying a Montana in their future.
If you own either brand (any model) you can add to the
enjoyment of your RV lifestyle and leisure time
by joining the Montana Owners Club.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
We are so fortunate here at MOC to have the Administrators and Moderators that we do. It must be the "high" wages they get paid! For anyone who might misunderstand the previous statement: Our outstanding personnel is actually paid $0.00 for all their hard work. Our eternal thanks to all who serve in such a capacity.

It is immaterial as to actually did their job. Suffice it to say the job was done according to MOC rules. It is impossible to please all the people all the time. We think we have produced about the best possible process. Of course this is all made possible by the fantastic MEMBERS who, for the most part, police themselves. That makes the system the great system that it is and it speaks volumes for the character of our general MEMBERSHIP. We, the Administrators and Moderators, are proud to serve you. Thank you for your continued support.

All Administrators and Moderators try their best to respond to any and all emails and PMs that they receive as soon as they can. There will always be circumstances and statements that cannot or will not be responded to immediately. All our personnel do have lives of their own beyond MOC.

BTW it is good to see the restating of the MOC Mission Statement. It never hurts to remind folks.

RVWheels, MOC Administrator
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Did someone or someones get up on the wrong side of the rock?
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
This just does not seem like the season for this. We love the MOC, appreciate A WHOLE BUNCH the volunteers who keep it going and wouldn't want it any other way. What may not seem offensive to some, will to others. Let's get with the spirit of the season. Merry Christmas.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I'm sure the origin of this was valid to the poster, but I'm not sure I understand what's going on. All I do know is that the MOC forum has been a great source of valuable information for me, as well as allowing me to give out from some of my experiences. I'm sure this is one of those things that when we look back on it, we'll say oh well, life goes on.

As the moderator of two forums myself, I know that it's a tough job to decide what to delete and what to allow. On top of that, once in a while I have to delete a member. that's really tough. In one of my forums, it is all family and I've had to remove one member until he agreed that he would abide by the rules. So, I reinstated him after he'd been off a year. He's happy now (and follows the rules).

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote