Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey Ozzie, question about tinypics

When I have say, a Three picture, link, copy paste situation, what is the easiest, non complicated way to do this?
Now, I post my contribution, go to Tinypics, download the first picture, copy it, come back to the Forum, paste it, and then go back to the Tinypic, do it Two more times.
Hate to be such a Dork, but there must be a better and easier, (Non complicated-so-I can do it way???)
Thanks for your help.
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 3,000 watt inverter, automatic transfer switch
Honda 2000 Generator, Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish, LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge, LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets, On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat, Hadley Air Horns, Truck inverter with 110 volts: laptop, Color Backup camera, Firestone air bags,Husky air ride roller hitch, Awning lock

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ozz, My method is to have 2 seperate browsers open.
In the first browser I will have the Post window open.
The second browser will be TinyPic.

I upload the photo to TinyPic. Than I Copy the IMG and paste it into the Post. I will repeat this as many times as necessary. Once I have all the photos pasted to the Post page I will Submit the post or reply. At that point you can close the second browser.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Oh boy, I will try and figure this out, thanks, Glenn for helping.
I'll see if I can work that out.
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat, Hadley Air Horns, Truck inverter with 110 volts: laptop, Color Backup camera, Firestone air bags,Husky air ride roller hitch, Awning lock
Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ozz
I copy mine over to Word which I open before I go to tinypic. Not only can you paste them one after the other, you can save the word document so you can use again if needed. Then you can copy all three or four at once and paste in your post.
Happy trails..............................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Hey - not a problem bud...you're far from being a dork. Many people are intimidated by puters, but it really isn't a big deal.

I'm not that familiar with Tinypics yet, but with Photbucket, you can choose to upload several pics at the same time (see screen shot).

That will save you from going back and forth, and will be easier to sort out where you are. Did that help?

327RKS
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I may be a tough student, Glenn helped, by suggesting to open a browser, that sounds like it would work, but I am embarrassed to say that I don't have a clue as to what a browser is......Probably something I use all the time, but??
Susie-Q said to open Word, I have found some programs close out when opening and closing the Forum and Tinypics.
Now, Ozzie, if I copy to Photobucket, can I highlight and copy multiple downloaded pictures?
Thanks everyone, Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
The screeny that I posted for you...the browse buttons on the right...

In that example I selected 6 images to upload. Click on the first browse button to the location of your first pic, then work your way through as many as you have selected to upload. When you have that, click the submit button at the bottom and wait for them to upload.

When it's done, you can copy and paste the image path from under each image to the screen that you are posting to. Like Glenn said, if you have a browser open for each, you can click back and forth between them to make life much easier.

Internet Explorer is more than likely the browser that you use to view the forums here. You can have more than one instance open at a time to do this.

We'll get you there bud...you gotta walk before you run...

327RKS
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
I haven't tried the Word document thing yet...that sounds interesting.

...and thanks guys (and gals?) for pitching in to help Ozz out...he has much to share with us and we have to get his blood pressure down...
Sorry for the bad joke - but I just have this image of poor Ozz beating on his puter...

327RKS
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I look at it like a device from outer space, sometimes..
Very often, I yell to Sue; why did it do that? She just humors me, "Don't know Jim, you must have made it mad."
...Old Dog, new tricks.
I'll have a few beers and try what all of you suggested....tomorrow.
Thanks for helping.
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
Old 08-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
If we can get you out from under your Monty, maybe we could get you to try the Firefox browser. It supports tabbed browsing, which I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's like having multiple browsers open at the same time, and there are tabs at the top to go back and forth between screens. Once you get the hang of it, you can do stuff like these images much easier.

A beer sounds like a good idea...I'll have one with you...

327RKS
Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I think the 3 of us (Sue, Myself and Ozzie) coming from 3 different directions is only going to confuse Ozz even more than he already is and therefore I will be backing out.

But first--- Ozz a browser would be Internet Explorer and opening another browser merely means opening another Internet Explorer page. This allows you to surf 2 different web sites simultaneously. If you are using IE, an easy way to open a seperate browser would be to right click on any link and select "Open in New Window"

Right click on this link..... TinyPic than select "Open in New Window"
Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ozz
Word won't close - I do it all the time. If you are using Windows XP you can have multiple windows opened at one time. Then you can access them from your tool bar at the bottom. Click on File, then New, then Window and you can go to a different web site on that new window and move back and forth and even have Word or any other program opened.
Here's a cold one for you
Happy trails..........................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
You have a good point Glenn...after reading this thread I can see where this would be really confusing to Ozz(sorry Ozz). By the time my first post landed, there were already a couple responses.
I'm sure if one of us could sit down with Ozz it wouldn't take long at all to sort through it.

327RKS
Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ctl-N will also open another browser window in IE.

In Firefox, it's ctrl=T. No need for caps in IE or firefox. In Firefox I have tabs turned on so it opens another tab in the same window. Pretty sweet for opening multiple browser windows and not having to go find them.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:01 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozzie

You have a good point Glenn...after reading this thread I can see where this would be really confusing to Ozz(sorry Ozz). By the time my first post landed, there were already a couple responses.
I'm sure if one of us could sit down with Ozz it wouldn't take long at all to sort through it.
Well if he could find his way to the rally in Goshen next month I would be only to glad to sit down with him. I even have my own WiFi so getting him online wouldn't be a problem either.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Since we're on the topic... when using IE for this forum, I do the active topics in the main browser window. Then I go down the line and pick the topics I want to read. When I see one I can hold down the shift key and click on the topic or the page number. That will open that topic in a separate window. I'll open several topics in different windows that way, then go read them. When on dialup this speeds things up because by the time I've clicked several the first one is loaded and ready to read. Likewise, the next is ready by the time I get there. I just X out of that window when done.

In Firefox, I use the same concept except hold the Ctl key and click. That opens a new window in a tab within the main window. After doing several I just click the first tab, read it, X out of it, read the next tab. Etc.

Ozz, remind me and we can go over some of this in October if you want.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote