Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
Why all the shelves

Don't get me wrong, we love our 3605RL, but there is not one cabinet in the kitchen where my coffee pot will stand upright. The abundance of shelves in each cabinet prohibits this. How about leaving a cabinet for those of us who might want to store something oversize (?? drip coffee pot oversized???).
BTW, the remote control with the 10th Aniversary Ed. is the absolute berries.

goin2themountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We leave our coffee pot on the counter, it has rubber feet and hasn't moved in 20K plus towing down some really terrible roads. I do put a velcro strap around it and secure the strap to the plug and plug the cord into the 110 wall outlet. We thought we had the same problem, turned out it wasn't afterall.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We store our coffee pot for travel in the waste basket with a clean liner. When we are parked, coffee pot stays out all the time.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ours is a rather large, espresso/drip combo that sits on the counter by the stove when parked and the DW puts in on the floor by the kit table when we travel. Could you remove a shelf to put it where you want it??
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Ours is a small one that stays on the counter held down with RV putty. The coffe pot goes in the overhead cabinet.
Both have never moved.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Our SOB trailer had a center kitchen & the coffee pot stayed on counter in all trips! Never moved.

But our 08 Montana is now a rear kitchen & that won't work!

So it goes below the kitchen sink cabinet....plenty of room.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
LOL, focus people, focus. The coffee pot was an example. We leave ours on the counter by the stove and it doesn't seem to move. It was just an example of something I felt most people would identify with as an oversize item that won't fit in any cabinet. Thanks for the coffee pot hints though.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
We hang ours by it's tail from the ceiling fan
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LonnieB

We hang ours by it's tail from the ceiling fan
Thank you for making me spit my COKE (I don't drink coffee) all over the keyboard!!!
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Coming from years of units that were small, storage a premium, we are in the habit of buying smaller stuff for the RV. Really have not changed that approach.

So, we use a 4 cup coffee maker instead of 12. Shorter, goes in overhead cabinets. Smaller pots and pans, etc etc etc.

Have 6 place settings, not 8 or 12. (Need more, paper works quite well, thank you )

As far as the cabinets not being tall enough, there is a spot in ours that is plenty tall, I swear you could put one of those monster KitchenAid mixers in there.

Believe it may depend on the unit, and the year. A year or so after ours was built, they used that huge cabinet in exact model as ours and filled it with the sub woofer, which, for us was one of those, shake my head, I cannot believe they did that, thing. The cabinet was part of the pantry, who wants a subwoofer in their panty?? maybe someone, not me. SIGHHHH

Anyway, think it depends on the floor plan and year. Creativity, adding shelves, taking out shelves, personalizing.

And, you can always get into the, what big area for oversized stuff works for your lifestyle just will NOT suit me.

Man, those designers must go mad trying to satisfy all.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:42 AM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
On both the units we have owned, I made a number of modifications to the storage cabinets. I added shelving to some areas. I moved some shelves. I modified them to fit our stuff. I don't think a rig can be built that will accommodate every possible item to be stored. So get out the tools and fix it like you want it. It is your rig.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #12
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
If you want to take out a shelf and the style in front it is a sq drive bit and a #2 bit and thats all you need to do any remoldel in a montana,,,,we have a 3465SA and we made a coffee bar in the corner cabinet up the steps by raising the top shelf and adding the water bottels above the coffee pot so its handy,, you can see it at goshen or mackanaw this summer or fall ,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #13
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
Thanks Sailer and all. I will be doing some cabinet remodel. No way a 4 cup model is even a remote possibility. That's just 1 mug of coffee for me, and can't even get higher level cognitive function operational before 2 mugs.