Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
duffy
Established Member

M.O.C. #9200
why

Just purchased a new 3455sa on the main slide on the door side ,why do we have the wheel shroud protruding past the push out. I can vision many cuts bruises and maybe stitches. I know how to fix it, cut it off, but a finished surface would have been sweet.

duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
when we did our pdi i noticed the same thing. upon further inspection the slide needed to be centered and aligned. after the work it was better. makes me think of some other things that makes one shake their head. it bothers me anyway, like the rug behind the slide lip. why not notch the wood to make room for the rug. check it out. how about the slide gasket where it closes against the molding. why not make the molding about 1" shorter so i doesn't put a hole in the gasket.

sure make one wonder.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
duffy, we also noticed the molding protruding on the door side slide. We just ordered the 3455 and I figured I would cut it off and then file the rough edge and then use a emery cloth to polish the cut as much as possible.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Steve,

Will you take the section you cut off and mount it onto the body of the 5'r??

bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
First thing I did on our 3400 was hang my coat on that wheel shroud and broke the darned thing, still trying to figure out how to repair it. It is shoddy workmanship/design.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
When we bought our 3665, the wheel shrouds were cut and the ends were attached to the side of the trailer so it looks neat when the slides are in. I don't know if that was done in the factory or at the dealer.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote