Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #21
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great news! So glad to hear that everything went well and you are pleased with the results. Now you can really enjoy that Monty.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:22 AM   #22
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I was bowling on the Senior PBA Tour when I had to have my left knee replaced. I did my best bowling ever after I had the surgery. Before the surgery I was always in pain when I would deliver my bowling ball at the foul line (the sliding on the foot of the left leg just caused excruciating pain because of the bone on bone). After the rehab, there was some pain but not like before and it was tolerable. Eventually it went away. The key to this kind of surgery is REHAB. You must endure the "tolerable" pain of the rehab. The old saying "No pain, no gain" really applies here. I was 62 when I had it done and I'm now 74. Golfing is no problem, bowling is no problem.

Hope this gives you some encouragement.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:25 AM   #23
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Very good news to hear!

My mother had both knees replaced but she would not work as diligently as her therapists wanted; as a result, she never had full articulation of her knees. The lady who teaches across the hall from me has just had her second knee replacement in six months, and she is doing a wonderful job with her physical therapy. I keep patting her on the back as I realize it is neither easy nor painless but something that must be endured!

Hope your progress continues to go well!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:29 AM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
This is really great news from all of you that have had this done. My family history leans toward my needing replacements in the future. I helped my Mother through 3 hip replacements (1 redone) and knee replacements and I know the rehab is the important thing. All of my aunts and uncles have had hip and/or knee replacements.
Bear Hunter - didn't your Dr. give you a card to carry with you to get throught the airport security? Ask him - I got one for my metal stents in my heart. My Mother had one also.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #25
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
MPL897,

Glad to hear the surgery and pain are over. Now you can get back to the important things in life, like RVing!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:03 AM   #26
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Glad to hear you are doing so great! This is an inspiration to all who may have to go through this in the future. Sounds like you have a good attitude and this will certainly help to speed up your recovery. Hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach!!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #27
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
THANKS ALL...MYRTLE BEACH HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #28
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Wish you continued luck with the knee replacment. My cousin had one knee done and she has done well.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #29
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
To the folks who have had this done - after the surgery is the weakness in the knees gone as well as the pain. I have the pain but I am more troubled by the weakness. It feels like my knees can't hold me up anymore, esp if I have to stand awhile. And I have so much trouble with walking up a grade or steps because I don't have the strength to push me upwards.I have had this problem since I had back surgery 3 years ago and I'm trying to figure out if it is my knees or left over from my back.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kdeiss

To the folks who have had this done - after the surgery is the weakness in the knees gone as well as the pain. I have the pain but I am more troubled by the weakness. It feels like my knees can't hold me up anymore, esp if I have to stand awhile. And I have so much trouble with walking up a grade or steps because I don't have the strength to push me upwards.I have had this problem since I had back surgery 3 years ago and I'm trying to figure out if it is my knees or left over from my back.
I didn't then and I don't now experience any weakness in my knees. The replacement knee even feels stronger than the other one. Someone told me one time that their knee was going bad because of age. My question was, "How old is the other one?"

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Great news! Something that I may be looking at down the road. My shoulders are tore up a little (3 surgeries - unsuccessful, on the rt. One last Oct on the left, hoping for a complete recovery, but right now there's still alot of pain.) Rt knee they wanted to do total reconstruction on in 1990. Both are making lots of noise. Like Bear Hunter said, "Football been very very good to me."
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #32
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
ya my knees are good and I walk without pain now.......still getting used to it.
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote