Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
New links added....**Specifically for Carol...

Added a few new links to the RV Related Links page. All 3 of these were subjects of recent threads so thought I post them here as well...

RV Awning Travel Lock

Voltage Booster Similar to the Hughes.

**Water-King USA Water Softener/Conditioner

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glenn, ours is the On the Go, URL IS

http://www.portablewatersoftener.com/

WE LOVE IT!! Cept the water flo meter thingy is a joke! We use all the water we want, long showers, dog bathes, dishes and it goes for 1 week before needs recharging!

Yep, very happy with that purchase!!! Table salt, easy to use, wonderful soft water, and happy dances around Montana.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Wondering if anyone on this forum is using the Water King??

Carol,

What is involved with recharing? I went to the site but when I clicked on some of the FAQ's the answers did not appear. Is there a monthly cost or added expense other that the original price and salt?

I really need to find something if I am going to stay in this park awhile.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
BJ,

The one we have uses about 3/4 of a box(round box??) of table salt for each recharging, so, what's that about 20 cents?? I believe they told Al it did not matter if it were iodized or not!

Al dumps some of the water out of the container (careful to not spill the beads, but if you do, they can be purchased from the manufacturer, or replaced, after 15 years???). Anyway, dump some of the water out, put salt in, hook up the water, back flush for 15 minutes, etc. Al is doing ours about every 6 days. Trying to keep the water very soft, and not let it get hard in the water heater.

The softness goes along real well for a while, then it drops off quite fast. They sell test strips too, a bit pricy, but helpful in letting you get a handle on how this thing works.

Depending on the hardness of the water, it will run longer or shorter, and of course, depending on your water useage.

Al has added some "Y's" and other stuff to make the set up real slick like, but, I would have to go out there and really study it to explain it, and they are not necessary, just fancy!

You are gonna find that the timer valve thing is not gonna help you unless you can keep up a strong water flow, but, I will warn you, Al and others here, have been messing with that and have decided there is no way you can get the required water flow with the plumbing in our units.

One of the attractions to us was the use of table salt, vs that rock salt which we have to use at home, this is easy to purchase, and small amounts easy to carry on board Montana, and cheap!!

We are VERY happy with ours!! (I'll bet you could not tell! HA HA)

Carol

P.S. Al called there a couple of times, got all his questions answered and he said the guy was really very helpful and nice.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks Carol. Sounds like you have found your solution. I am going to try and find out more about the Water King system. If it really works I like the idea of not using the salt. No matter what I have to do something as I fear what this water is doing to my unit.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote