Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #21
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
"What the heck is this all about?".

Planning ahead and being prepared. It's just as important to have a laid-out plan for this subject, as much as it is important to have a laid-out plan for the next fuel stop in our travels.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #22
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
"What the heck is this all about?".

Planning ahead and being prepared. It's just as important to have a laid-out plan for this subject, as much as it is important to have a laid-out plan for the next fuel stop in our travels.

Sounds like you are a planner, but this forum is not the place where most members want to hear about your advanced directives.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Over the years Settling around the Campfire has been the place to discuss almost anything or anything. This is exactly what it is for.
Lynwood

Sitting around the Campfire (7 Viewing)
A great place to Chit Chat Drop in here and discuss the many things that have NOTHING to do with RV's/RVing. Note: Discussions about politics and or post that may be offensive or hurtful to others are not allowed and may be removed.
Threads: 5,339, Posts: 53,585
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #24
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I think it is unfortunate that people who do not want to discuss this keep posting about batteries or complaining about it in general. If you don’t like this subject you don’t have to read it. If it is taboo the Moderators will decide and do what they think is right.
Personally I am at the point in life that the information in discussions like this are useful. I am in charge of my mother if she cannot make decisions. I really think it started out as wanting people’s view on the virus from China and if everyone should shelter in place or if only the more susceptible ones should. I myself think it should be a combination of both sheltering and good hygiene practices. Avoid large crowds and use good sense, if you have lots of other medical problems stay sheltered. I am working a couple days a week so I was avoiding going to see my mother because of this and she laid it on the line that if it is her time then so be it. I should still come by and see her. Yes she is staying at home for the most part but either my sister of I have to go by and help.
Remember not everyone likes every discussion and we are free to choose which ones we follow and participate in in.

Tom Marty
Old 04-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #25
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Worker View Post
I think it is unfortunate that people who do not want to discuss this keep posting about batteries or complaining about it in general. If you don’t like this subject you don’t have to read it. If it is taboo the Moderators will decide and do what they think is right.
Personally I am at the point in life that the information in discussions like this are useful. I am in charge of my mother if she cannot make decisions. I really think it started out as wanting people’s view on the virus from China and if everyone should shelter in place or if only the more susceptible ones should. I myself think it should be a combination of both sheltering and good hygiene practices. Avoid large crowds and use good sense, if you have lots of other medical problems stay sheltered. I am working a couple days a week so I was avoiding going to see my mother because of this and she laid it on the line that if it is her time then so be it. I should still come by and see her. Yes she is staying at home for the most part but either my sister of I have to go by and help.
Remember not everyone likes every discussion and we are free to choose which ones we follow and participate in in.

Tom Marty
So we can only post on threads that support the OP?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #26
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Sorry Jeff I am not sure what your post means. What does OP mean? If you mean that I implied you have to support someone’s opinion then you didn’t understand what I said. Everyone can have an opinion, for or against but remember if you read something and don’t like the content you have two choices. Respond to it or simply go to another subject that interests you. I don’t think it is right to complain that you don’t think it is appropriate or start talking about something totally different then the subject like “batteries” let the Forum Moderators do their job. Remember we all have the right to have different ideas and opinions. After I start reading a topic and realize I am not interested in reading it then I simply choose another topic. I don’t think topics are supposed to be a popularity contest and I hope when members post something they get information that helps them. Really quite simple.
Sorry to anyone that is offended as that is not my intention.
Happy roads to you.

Tom Marty
Old 04-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #27
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I was referring to this
"i think it is unfortunate that people who do not want to discuss this keep posting about batteries or complaining about it in general. If you don’t like this subject you don’t have to read it."
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #28
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Yes Jeff why do people talk about batteries in a post that has nothing to do with batteries. I will stick to my post including the part that that you cut and posted that seems to offend you. I think it is rude To do that to somebody’s post and that is just my opinion, obviously you feel it is quite normal and you like when people do that.
Have a nice day and we can both just agree to disagree.
Happy roads and safe roads to you.

Tom Marty
Old 04-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #29
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
I think the reason people went off topic on this one is because they are uncomfortable with the topic. It is one that needs to be discussed with family members. I feel if you are uncomfortable with the topic, just ignore it.

My mother was in long term care due to Alzheimer's in 2010. The head nurse in the facility, a very experienced person, told us that if she ever got Alzheimer's, and got something else, she had instructed her family not to treat for the other thing. Having seen day in and day out what these patients and their families went through, she did not want her family to have to deal with it any longer than they had to.

Shortly after she told us that, my mother fell and broke both her hip and her arm, and landed in the hospital. While she was in the hospital, she developed a twisted intestine. The doctors took me aside and gave me two options, since I had power of attorney. 1. perform surgery on the intestine, which she may or may nor survive, and after that, she still has Alzheimer's. 2. Let her go. I chose option 2. They moved her back to long term care and kept her sedated until she died, 11 days later. I have never regretted that decision.

Here in Canada (and I think in some States as well), we do have an assisted dying law. If you are in serious pain and/or discomfort, and death is imminent, you can hurry it along with medical assistance. They are trying to modify the law so a person can decide on assisted death ahead of time, so the decision is made when they are able to make it, and not when they are no longer able. Sometimes, like with dementia, you know that you cannot make it later. This virus thing has kind of held up the lawmakers right now. I hope they continue to amend this law when things get back to normal.

As Linwood pointed out, this discussion falls under the topic of not RV related and is permitted on this forum.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
Let's talk about it. It something we all have to face.

First, let me make my values clear. It's my opinion, that we (USA) have not only an obligation, but a duty, to care for the sick, the elderly, the handicapped, and in general, those who can not otherwise take care of themselves (in the USA). That doesn't imply a free ride for those who would think otherwise. I hold a hardline against fraud and malingerers.

I would like to solicit others opinions at what obligations and duties do we have to try to extend the life of people that would otherwise have mother nature take their life.

I am not talking about premature death, like car accidents, death row inmates, or brutal murders. I am talking about age and sickness.

It is my opinion, that everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I also believe everyone should be allowed to die, as mother nature dictates, with dignity and respect.

Does the entitlement to life come at the liberties of others? I don't think it does, but that's why I pose the question. Where does the moral obligation to allow mother nature's course to happen? Do others have a duty to extend your life, if mother nature is calling and there is no known cure, treatment or procedure for what ails you? At what point do you stop chest compressions?

Certainly there are some doctors amongst us that have had to wrestle with this delemma? What about any legal eagles amongst us with case law studies?

Certainly this forum is filled with many that are about to or have faced death of a loved one.

Share your thoughts.
McRod, I apologize for the crumby off topic post that I made about batteries, it was childish and I own up to it and will never do that again. Your subject actually struck home to me as I have been there done that with parents and a brother and my wife's parents also. So, I guess I just wanted to avoid the subject and used an inconsiderate way to do so. You just keep on posting as you please and I'll try to act a little more grown up keep my big mouth shut.
Again, I apologize sincerely.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote