Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #21
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I'm not a rally person, so I really don't have any grounds for an opinion, but shyness has never stopped me before. Maybe in 2 months things will be clear sailing, maybe opening things up too soon will set off round two of elevated infections. I gather people come from all over to these get togethers. What happens if only one attendee crosses paths on the way with a carrier and unknowingly passes it on to say 25% of you? I guess you can still revel in you had a rally. I hate being cooped up just as much as the next guy, but I can make it several more months and still proclaim sanity.
I had not noticed you signed up for the rally, so I'm a little confused by your comments.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #22
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
This was not meant to start a discussion; it will get political and I'm not going there. As I said yesterday, anyone who does not feel comfortable or safe should not attend the rally. However, you should not be trying to impose your views on others. Everyone make their own decision.

If there is a flare up or restrictions are put in place, we will reconsider at that time. It is possible the rally will not take place, but we are not calling it yet.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:57 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
There should have been no confusion if you read my first sentence. I acknowledge your statement about no politics and everyone will decide on his/her own whether to attend. I as I'm sure others on the MOC question the wisdom of mass gatherings until more of this epic tragedy unfolds because it is nowhere near over. I just had the sand to speak out.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #24
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
My confusion is trying to understand your motives since, by your own statement, this does not involve you.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #25
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
It is interesting that everyone has their own opinions on this virus and remember it is really just opinions. There is no guarantee that supposedly staying in shelter is a whole lot better than just using good sense like wearing a mask and washing your hands a lot. It seems like some countries are doing the opposite to the extreme but some study’s show no difference in numbers getting infected or the mortality rate. My opinion is if you have health issues stay sheltered and if not use some good sense on hygiene. I am not saying to crowd 100k people into a sports arena etc. If the country collapses it really doesn’t matter if you’re sheltered or not because things will get worse, we all need food etc. My guess is probably a very high number of people are considered essential and this virus will not go away if they are still exposed to it and exposing their family and other essential workers.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #26
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
Thank you for keeping us up to date.

At this time, we are planning on being there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ron & Rhonda
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Old 05-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #27
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We must cancel our reservation. I emailed to the cancellation to 2020mocspringrally@gmail.com

DHenry
Old 05-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #28
aitutaki98
Established Member

M.O.C. #18657
Send a message via MSN to aitutaki98
Rally Canceled?

Got a call today from Blackwell saying the rally was canceled. Is that true?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #29
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Yes it is. Here is one of the announcements:
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...t=79446&page=4

Post #63

Old 05-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #30
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Even though I was not on the official Rally list it just happened that my wife scheduled the exact same time at Blackwell Island Resorts for us and a bunch of friends that we camp and socialize with. I was really hoping to meet a bunch of MOC members but we need to do whatever makes us feel safe. We are still planning on going unless all hell breaks loose and Idaho shuts everything down. We live in an area that seems to have a bit higher rate of the Chinese Flue but that is probably because of all the essential people that are still working. We are at home for the most part and I have been working a couple of days a week but when there are lots of essential workers this crud can keep getting recycled into the mainstream citizens for years. Let’s hope this goes away sooner rather than later.
Happy and safe roads to you.

Tom Marty
Old 05-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #31
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
While the rally is cancelled, it is possible some people, who already have reservations, will show up - virus permitting.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #32
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
Scott/Alta,
Thank you both for all of your hard work getting this up and running. Jen and I feel do to our co-morbidities it would be safer for us to cancel this year. This is a decision we did not take lightly. We feel taking chances at this time, would not be in our best interest. We will miss all of you guys, but hopefully we will see you this next winter when things look a lot better. Have a great summer and stay safe.

Gary and Jennifer Kelly
Old 05-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #33
Jimnlora
Established Member

M.O.C. #21069
Sad to have to cancel the Rally ... but understandable. Lora and I still plan to be there that week. I understand some others wll be there as well. Hope to see y'all ... at a safe distance, of course.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #34
Ken65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7569
Pat and I will not be attending the rally. We will miss seeing everyone. Hope to see everyone next time
Closed Thread