Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #21
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
Where did you add power outlets?
I replaced the non usb outlets with usb plus ac outlets on one side of the bed, by the coffee bar and at the table. Also added an ac outlet under the bedside outlet to power the sleep number bed air pump. I would have done both sides of the bed with usb ac outlets but there is not enough space in the slide wall for a proper electrical box. Keystone uses self contained outlets with no box which I find lacking, if one ever burns check there first.

Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:17 AM   #22
Willjim
Established Member

M.O.C. #26306
I have this model 3813ms. I feel your pain about issues. I bought mine new May 2020 and have had problems since and continue having. Had to get hydraulic system replace on day 2. And my heater quit working back in November, just now got it fixed, the Jwrap on the left side almost blew off going down the interstate. The Jwrap is the bottom metal piece that comes up to the fiberglass side wall. It was bowed out away from rv like a sail. It’s been on back order since June 2020. Numerous other issues some I fixed myself. A lot of money for something so poorly made.
Willjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #23
Knieriemen
Established Member

M.O.C. #28013
Well, guess what...of course we have the factory installed generator. So if the ATS fails again, we’re just SOL, I guess. Don’t have a clue what would happen, in that case. Guess we’re in the dark.....
Knieriemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #24
Knieriemen
Established Member

M.O.C. #28013
I guess I should feel better that it’s just not our unit having problems, but I am so sorry about yours. My old KZ was a much better 5th wheel for half the price....
Knieriemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #25
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knieriemen View Post
Well, guess what...of course we have the factory installed generator. So if the ATS fails again, we’re just SOL, I guess. Don’t have a clue what would happen, in that case. Guess we’re in the dark.....
Fortunately the ATS is pretty simple to replace. I say that after watching the RV tech do it.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #26
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Now that you mention the J panel... found two screws loose and a left side running light missing a screw. DIY to the rescue.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote