Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Add Pictures to profile

How do you add pictures to your profile, we cannot figure it out. We donot have a personal web site as many do, but wat to share our new Monty with you folks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[img][/img]

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:36 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Broome101,
You need to have a place on the web to place a picture. Then after you have your picture on the web you simply place a link in your signature block to where you have your picture. Simple but you must have the picture somewhere on the web. There are free place to place them and most ISPs provide you with a small amount of space to put such things. Good luck... HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Broome101

How do you add pictures to your profile, we cannot figure it out. We donot have a personal web site as many do, but wat to share our new Monty with you folks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[img][/img]
As Hamrad said you must have the web site, also try to keep the size of the picture down because not all MOC members have DSL so it can take them a while to load up the picture.

TT2
Old 10-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you also (or instead) want the picture on the left side of the post, under your userid (see mine to the left), then put the picture's web address in the "new avatar" section of your profile. You have to have the full address, including the "http://". Be sure the website where you put it allows the picture to be accessed this way and also does not require an id and password to access it or you'll get the dreaded red X instead of a picture. Mine is on my Picturetrail site (www.picturetrail.com). It's a fee based site. You might find some free space somewhere out there. Maybe someone else can help with that.

If you rightclick on the picture to the left and select 'properties' you'll see the url for my picture. That might give you an idea of the format.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:44 AM   #5
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
As you can see I have attempted to get it correct but it just shows up with biug old red X in place of picture. Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM   #6
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Broome101,

Rodney & Elanie, can you send me the link to the picture you're trying to add? Your information in the data base is showing none. I will be happy to try and assist you.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Broome101, I did a rightclick/properties on the red X and it shows the url as
[url]http://www.forumco.com/montanaadministrator/
Old 10-08-2004, 02:47 AM   #8
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
thtas where we have it is picture trial as well, signed up for the free months worth to get our pictures onto the forum. Once your in picture trail how to you get the option the url you are talking about. I know enough about computers to crash them.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:01 AM   #9
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Lady RV in case you did not get my email we are at picture trail user name broome101, maybe you can help. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Broome101, go to the Picture Trail site and log in using your userid and password. On the left side click on "image urls". Then click on "get image urls". Then select the album holding the picture and click Continue. Now here's what's probably messing you up. On this next page, select 'yes, i post to auctions or other sites'. click update yes/no status. Now you should see that same screen. Don't do the auctions thing again, only need to do that one time. Now scroll down the page and you'll see all thepictures in the selected album. Below the picture you want to post, click once in the box labeled 'url'. That should highlight the contents of that box. While it's highlighted (assuming you have a pc - i don't know how to do this on the mac), EITHER hold the control key and press the 'c' letter key to copy the url OR click Edit/Copy on the browser menu. Now go to the New Avatar section (and/or signature block) of your MOC profile area and paste in the url. You can paste it by clicking where you want it to go and holding the control key while you press the 'v' letter key. Or Edit/Paste to paste it.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #11
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Thanks Steve for your help I had no clue I had to go thropugh all that. But anyway I got it figured out thanks to you. Again Thanks, know everyone can see our new Monty, thats Maggie my bird dog with the new rig, she insisted on getting into the picture.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good looking rig, Broome101. Maggie looks like she belongs right there.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:19 AM   #13
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
She thinks she rules the house so to speak, not only the house but thinks she knows how to hunt better than the rest of us, but we love her. Ous kids keep her busy most of the time. Again thanks for your help with the photos.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:51 PM   #14
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Trying to see also if I can figure out how to do this. Hope I get a picture
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:02 PM   #15
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Thanks to everyone on this thread. I had no idea how to do this just following all your advice. Thanks again!!

Sharon
Old 10-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good looking rig, Sharon. In your profile, if you put the same url in the Picture area, then when someone clicks on your name they'll see a bit larger picture in your profile. If they then click on that picture it will bring up a full sized picture. Full sized is whatever size of the picture as you saved it on the web. Can't do this with the avatar you're using now. Lots of us put the picture in both places. To see what I'm talking about, click on my name on the left.

You did good getting that picture out there. I still don't know what 'avatar' means. I would never have guessed this is what it is.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #17
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Steve...THANKS SO MUCH!!! I had no idea how to do that and it's a really nice feature. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sharon