Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2004, 09:58 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
viewing a profile

Clicked on a new member (from Kansas) name to view the profile and was told I can't view it without being logged in. I am logged in. Any idea what's going on?

Also, where did private messages go? I have a couple of emails from our blackout period saying i have private messages but I can't find the pm link. Help!

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:58 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Steve,

Not sure if I can help, but when the "log in" issue has happened to me even when I was logged in and said I was not when trying to post a reply, I logged in "again" and it worked. I had to log in once today.

From what I know about private messages, the ability was eliminated as of yesterday. You might need to go directly to one of the administrators for help on that. You private messages may be lost somewhere in cyberspace.

No more email notice when we have a reply to our post either.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:32 AM   #3
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Clicked on a new member (from Kansas) name to view the profile and was told I can't view it without being logged in. I am logged in. Any idea what's going on?

Also, where did private messages go? I have a couple of emails from our blackout period saying i have private messages but I can't find the pm link. Help!
I am having the same problem, even now I can post a reply but can not view profiles. Logged in four times, changed password, still dont work. Ron
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:48 AM   #4
DBLSlide
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #71
Hi Ron,

Try to refresh your screen with your browsers refresh button, or hold your [CTRL] button down, and then hit F5, some times the CNTRL+F5 does a better refresh.
DBLSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DBLSlide

Hi Ron,

Try to refresh your screen with your browsers refresh button, or hold your [CTRL] button down, and then hit F5, some times the CNTRL+F5 does a better refresh.
Still tells me that I have a problem, must be logged in. And as everyone can see I am logged in. Thanks Anyway Ron
Old 07-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, I no longer have the problem. I guess it was just something with the new forum software. But you are still having the problem so I also am wondering if you are actually logged in. You can reply with quote without being logged in. Can you 'reply to topic'? If so, then I think you are logged in. Also, the button at the top right should say "OUT", meaning click there to log out. Kind of confusing. When it says "IN" it's not saying you're logged in, it's saying click there to log in. If you are in fact logged in then I don't know.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #7
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I think I'm logged in, but not able to view profiles. Top right box is telling me IN I even shut off the PC and Box never tells me OUT. I'm sure its operator error, guess I should call my 9yr old granddaughter to have her fix it. Thanks Ron
Old 07-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #8
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
Thanks to all - I now can view profiles, and my little box reads OUT. I must have had my cookies in the milk too long, cause it would not allow forumco.com cookies. And I have no idea of what I just said, but it's working. PC and me are not compatable. Ron
Old 07-12-2004, 04:40 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Actually, Ron, it sounds to me like you fixed it so you must be doing fine with that pc. Glad to hear you got it working.