Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
cmcree

M.O.C. #8497
Remote Control for LCD TV Recommendations?

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a decent, reasonably priced remote control for the 32" Olevia LCD TV in the 2008 3500RL 10th Anniversary Edition? Mine was missing on delivery, and I am ready to give up on the dealer ever obtaining a replacement as it has been over 6 weeks now since I asked them to replace it. Is there an original remote for the unit, or does it usually come with some universal type anyway? I am still hoping to receive the "original" that should have come with the unit, but if it is just a cheap universal perhaps I could find a good replacement that one of you recommends for use with the Olevia's. Thanks for your help.

cmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
There are many Universal remotes on the market for anywhere around $19, on up to over $100. I think you couldl find a happy medium in the middle. However, most remotes today control more than on piece of electronics. Check the remote for the DVD player you have and see if it has a Tv button on it. If so, it is typically programmable, and your manual should have the program code. You can also find program codes on line, doing a Google search.

If you want the original remote, CHECK HERE

Edited: pick up a cheap one to tide you over until the dealer comes through with an original.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
We have a Logitech Harmony & love it. A little expensive compared to others, but it's the first I've found that works pefectly every time. If I want to watch TV I press 1 button, watch a DVD - 1 button, listen to music, you guessed it, 1 button.

You could probably use the same remote for both your home and your RV.

Set up is done through a web site and then you connect it to your computer for a few minutes.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Ditto what MuddyPaws said!! These are not cheap but work great. I found mine on Ebay at a good price.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote