Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
A tribute to Hailey our Lil' Missy....

Well after all the happy posts from everyone here I have a sad note. Yesterday we had to have our female dane put to rest as she was suffering from dementia and back hips giving out. (She is the fawn dane in the signature)

Now we only had her for 1 1/2 years but it was one of the best times of our lives. We adopted her from the shelter in Rapid City, SD to help Bailey our male Dane cope with the loss of his other friend Buckshot our former 16 year old Sheltie. Well she came into our life on a very funny start. See Bailey didn't like her at all at first, and when we returned home with her from the shelter Oct. 2005 he made Gina ride in the back seat of the truck. He would not even look at her he was so mad. Well the next day we left home for twelve hours to pick up our first 5er SOB. When we returned to find both of them standing at the top of the stairs wagging their tails. From that time on they were inseperable best friends. When she got sick Bailey would lay next to her or if near her he would reach out with his paw and touch her all the time.

One thing is for sure she got to see the country before she passed getting to more states than most people see in a life time. Sure will miss the morning nudge, the little kisses, and the talking (chewing out) she used to give. But then she will always be with us in spirit.

So here is a tribute and toast to Hailey our Lil'Missy as she will forever be missed. But then she will always be a insperation as to why

"all Dogs do go to Heaven"............

Thanks for all the unconditional love, and memories Hailey, we will miss you.

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
What a wonderful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss. Having been there, I know the pain. It sounds like she was a wonderful friend.
Hugs, Sue
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We also know the pain of losing a cherished pet all too well. Please accept our condolences on your loss.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
So sorry for your loss. Hang onto the memories.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope that Bailey is doing okay too! It's such a loss to us people, but even more so for their 'brothers and sisters", they don't understand death, they just wonder why their brother or sister is gone. I've gone through that before also, it's so terribly difficult. Hang in there, and thank you for sharing your tribute with us.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 AM   #7
minkid
Established Member

M.O.C. #6545

Grandma's going to miss taking her for walks,i'll miss her barkin at me till i would go pet her!!!!!!!! Too bad little diesel didn't get to meet her ,he would have had to nipp her toes to little to get her by the ankle.Don't ya hate when that happens!Give Bailey hugs for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
minkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Read this in the San Antonio Rescue Scottie Newsletter yesterday and somehow it seems fitting here:

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of
my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." Author Unknown.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
KBLH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5867
So sorry for your loss. After reading all the above messages, its clear that pets make humans better people here on earth. After reading this earlier quote from Myrna all I can say is I'm gonna keep working on my "dog heart".

It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of
my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." Author Unknown.

Kelly
KBLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Tom and Gina,
We are so sorry for your loss and we fully understand your feelings.
I couldn't have said that last week. We also lost our beloved " Baby" this week to apparent heart failure. we had her for 15 years.
We understand missing their kisses, and nudges. You can never forget them. You can fill the emptiness with another "friend"but you will never forget them. They will always be in your heart.
We have had so many responses from this group to our notice of "Baby's" passing. it has been very moving. I know that you all will appreciate the replies from this group as well. Take care and God Bless

John and Nancy
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote