Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
2006 3400RL

My wife and I, who are in our mid-forties, just took the plunge and purchased a 2006 3400RL. Unfortunately, we don't own a truck, so I ordered a 2006 3500HD 4WD Long Bed SLT Extra Cab - won't arrive from GM until March, so the dealer is storing our 5th Wheel until then.

Anyway, wanted to introduce ourselves and ask a few questions, and post a few comments.

We had the opportunity to speak with Charles Wade, a representative from Keystone, and really enjoyed the hour. He seems to have alot of answers, but...here are mine.

We are in a position to retire, but want to keep our business going while we travel the country (we own a mortgage company). Any suggestions for Internet connectivity? With high speed Internet, we can operate from just about anywhere as we have a great staff. We want to spend a couple of weeks at a time on the road and then return home for a couple of weeks.

Anyone having length issues with a long bed truck such as the one we are purchasing? I think I might have gone overboard on the 3500 HD (Duramx diesel w/ Allison transmission), but the people I have spoken with encouraged me to go with the 1 ton model.

We have a labrador who is part of our family. In fact, he was my partner when I was a police officer, so he is very well trained and behaves well. Do most parks permit dogs?

With the 50amp service requirement, if we find ourselves with only 30, what can't we run inside? I heard that most parks won't permit the running of a generator, so I didn't purchase one.

How do you all hang your pictures in the coach? We have grandchildren and want the pictures along with us, but I don't want to go too deep with screws as I don't want to damage the exterior of the coach (duh!).

Do any of you have suggestions for newbies such as ourselves?

Finally, what clubs do you think are the ones to belong to? Good Sam's, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Michael and Kathy
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote