Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2003, 05:21 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I'm so totally frustrated!!

Dear Keystone,

It's me again. I need to vent this morning and tell you what's heavy on my mind.

It's possible that I'm feeling just a bit annoyed right now because I spent 15 minutes trying to get out of the shower this morning because the door latch would not release. Yes, just picture it! I don't know how it got "hung up" but it did. I have taken the screw out of the little black nob and it seems to move freely now. But I am a little leary about closing the door all the way again.

And while I'm venting I would like to add, that although you have agreed to have Lazy Days fix my leaks, check my floor for damage and replace the carpet, the time out of my life and time off from work is one big aggravation. You are well aware of ALL the problems I have had with my unit and what I have done to try to accomodate you and your RULES for doing things and I still have problems.

Just so you will know I would like to tell you what my future holds, at this point, to perhaps, own a Montana that does not leak. I have to take it up to Lazy Days (missed work...no pay) have them assess the damage and then wait 10 days to 2 weeks for any parts they may have to order from you. Heaven forbid Keystone would have to bare any extra expense of having them purchase the carpet locally. No! Let me the customer bare the cost of fuel and time running up and down road in order to accomodate you.

Forget taking vacations in Miss Montana, unless vacationing at the dealer is considered happy camping. Or perhaps just hanging out waiting for an RV Tech to show up. (again, missing work) Buying your product has cost me a lot more than the purchase price.

Now lets move on to the day/night shades. I have had some fixed and some replaced. They still break! I have had to live in my unit not being able to look out the windows or open them on one side because when they break they don't go up anymore!!

Yes, you have offered to replace them all. I have asked repeatedly to please replace them with mini blinds because I am so over day/night shades. But Noooo...you can't do that because of your RULE about not replacing anything with anything different. It does not matter what I have to go through again when they break because at this point, I have zero confidence that this problem will not resurface. What do I do then. Do I call and get told, "Sorry you are out of warranty" or perhaps, "We have already replaced them can't do it again".

You have never showed any real concern for what I have been going through. You just keep telling me what hoop I have to jump through to get my unit right and act like this is all prefectly normal.

When I head out for Lazy Days next Wednesday morning I have no idea of what's in store for me. I'm told that I may or may not be able to bring it home while they "wait for parts from you". That depends on how much they rip her apart assessing for damage. Do you have any suggestions where I might live for two weeks or more???

I have tried to be curteous and patient. I have given you credit for what you have done, but quite frankly, at this point, I'm losing my patience because of what "I" have to go through, again, because of your lack of Qualtiy Control" in the first place.

If I sound angry. I am. I am the only 5th wheel in the park with plastic taped over the slides. I have grown mushrooms in my bedroom. I have had to replace the converter, two battery's, the water pump, the monitor panel, the stove grate, the jacks that hold up the bed, had a hole drilled through my cable connection at the factory, bought many light bulbs (expensive little things) due to the faulty converter, have a piece of junk for a stereo and a TV that sounds like it's coming though a muffler (part of that wonderful "Montana Package") I have to use pliars to open my side awning window as I have been waiting two months for a replacement knob, I'm up to 9 broken day/night shades, and lets not forget, I was nearly electrocuted because the ground wire was never conncected to my unit!!!

Now I have to spend the next two to three weeks homeless or my vacation at Lazy Days RV. Gee....which one shall I pick? You have been willing to prod along with me to fix my problems but the way I see it you are making me work much harder than you to fix a 5th wheel you built.

Sincerely,

bj

fla native

2002 2880RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote