Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #21
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
how about some photos

Somewhere I have a thumb drive with a sequence of photos. Where that drive is - ??

Simple fix.
1/16 or 1/8" thick x3/4"wide x whatever length you want piece of aluminum strip from Home Depot or similar. I used pop rivets but some 8 or 10 size machines screws or, as noted, J-B Weld will work.

- A piece of 1/8" rubber is what I had in my shop and was cut to width and length and glued to the opposite side.

This reinforces that step latch point and stops most of the slop

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:21 PM   #22
Chef
Established Member

M.O.C. #24970
My 2019 3130 is having issues with the screen and door having a slight bow in them when they are closed for travel where steps are folded up inside trailer. After some investigation the issue is being caused by the stop brackets. When steps are folded inside the left and right stop brackets (which are bolted to the bottom of the stairs) rest against a small lip that runs along the door frame on both sides. These stop brackets are of very strong metal and when the screen door is closed the screen is pushed away from the door frame just enough to cause a bow. This makes it where when we close our screen and door for travel (steps are inside), we have to SLAM the door to get it to close and stay closed. The slamming has caused our door lock bracket to come loose on several occasions. Has anyone had this same issue?
Chef

Brent & Jan
2020 Monty 3700LK aka College Tuition
2019 F-350 Lariat Platinum Dually 6.7 diesel
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote