Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2005, 06:47 AM   #1
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Ceiling Problem

Has anyone ever had a problem with the ceiling discoloring? We have noticed in our new rig that the "glue" & "nails" are beginning to show through.
The only solution I have is to paint the ceiling. We have lived in this unit 5 months and have had to wash the ceiling at least 3 x ....but to no avail. If anyone has a remedy, please let us know. Also, if we paint what would u recommend?

syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
John, I dont know that paint will stick to the vinyl ceiling, have you checked with the dealer? It looks like it may still be under warranty.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Take your trailer back to the dealer you purchased it from. Take a note pad with you and take notes and names of people you talk to. In your notes try and log in when you first noticed the problem.You could have a leak in your roof. Good luck.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Thank you for your suggestions and help. The roof has been checked out and no leaks, also we looked closer at other new units and found they too are beginning to discolor. I am sure it has something to do with the glue. Also it looks like the ceiling has a thin layer of paint.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
syplace,

Just a thought/suggestion. You could call the Repair facility and ask them how they fix such a thing, and maybe some one can tell you what the ceiling is finished with. I thought it was vinyl too.

I think one of the gals was asking about this a few months ago, thought she said she was gonna dig out the putty and put in new?? Have you tried the Archives Search??

Ours is starting to turn a little yellow too, and we are non-smokers, and don't burn candles in there either after some of the comments we read here at MOC about that. For now, I was going to try to ignore it! GULP!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No discoloring here, just the faint remains from the stripes we had on our ceiling from burning candles, as Carol noted.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:32 AM   #7
Montana_3318

M.O.C. #3318
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by syplace

Has anyone ever had a problem with the ceiling discoloring? We have noticed in our new rig that the "glue" & "nails" are beginning to show through.
The only solution I have is to paint the ceiling. We have lived in this unit 5 months and have had to wash the ceiling at least 3 x ....but to no avail. If anyone has a remedy, please let us know. Also, if we paint what would u recommend?
Montana_3318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
Montana_3318

M.O.C. #3318
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by syplace

Sorry about that last blank response. I had some spots show up on the ceiling of our 2000 3280. The ceiling in that model had a mottled finish, part glossy with flat spots in it. I used a sponge brush and some flat white kill stain (Zlac) to touch up just the yellowed nailhead spots. Any primer designated to seal and cover water damage should work. You could not tell the difference from where I touched up and where I didn't. The spots did not bleed back through. Try it on one small spot in an area where it won't be obvious, first.
Montana_3318 is offline   Reply With Quote