Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
3000RK Cabinet Issue

Ok Guys and Gals...
My unit is less than 6 months old. I have a never ending issue with the cabinet which has the lazy susan. Under the cabinet where the 12v light is located the piece of paneling keeps coming lose from the cabinet. I sent some more braids into the panel but once again it has come down. I don't stock a lot of canned goods in the cabinet. I only have about 10 cans of veggies in there and a can of crisco(small can). I don't want to put a screw in there from the underside of the cabinet because it would look tacky. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I really don't want ot head in to the dealer and wait 4 weeks for a minor repair.
Thanks
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Okie Guy is this a piece of 1/4 " or 1/8" panel that has come loose from the cabinet it self or is it the whole bottom of the cabinet. if its just the 1/8" panel take the lite off and then with some cream carpenters glue glue up the panel and brace it for a hour or so then reinstall the lite below. sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
On our 3400RL, the cabinet under the counter and facing the living room had a veneer bottom of just 1/8 inch. I removed the bottom, added a 1/4 inch piece of plywood and while in there, added some supports to the sides by installing L brackets into the sides and underneath the counter top.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...8&SearchTerms=,

I agree with Sailer - if it is the side, use some Liquid Nails.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Sailer you hit the nail on the head. It is the panel which came lose from the cabinet bottom. I am going to try and fit a piece of plywood up in there this weekend and do some real gluing and screwing on that cabinet. I simply have had it with this substandard construction on some areas of the trailer. It seems like I am constantly fixing something which should have been caught by a quality control inspector. Like the yellow glue they smeared all over the ceiling.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Okie Guy well we all think these units are built to the standards of a rolyes royce.. forget it they are pushed out of the warehouse as fast as can be as there is no set standard that they must have as the govt has steped in on the auto industry as the crash test .. can you see this unit in a crash test .. ,, these cabinets are bought from the mafg with the lowest price per unit and if keystone or any mfg saves 30 cents per unit that is the bottom line,, so fix what you have too and forget that you thought it was cheep as look at other units and you find the stuff is falling apart before it gets to you even... we have looked at a lot of dif brands and the quality is minus 10 on most units.. liquid nail is your friend or any good const glue sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote