Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Maybe new members

Like I said, busy day, but during that busy time while at Holiday World, S. Houston, there was a gentlman there doing a PDI with my favorite technician. At an opportune time I introduced myself and gave him a card for MOC. He had a friend with him who also owns a Montana, so I gave him a card also. I cannot remember their names. (I'm Bad about that)

I hope they both join.

Time will tell.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Don't hold your breath...seems the majority of Montana owners I visit with either don't 'do' computers, don't do forums, or are just plain not interested.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
In the last year and a half I have managed to get 3 people to join the MOC, the rest of them, and that is quite a few, think it is rude to even mention it or worst. Like I did something that violated them by even mentioning it. Strange and this is one of the better RV sources I have found.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I think at least with passing out some MOC cards that people will be more enticed to look at the site!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We have someone we know, own a Mountaineer, actually signed on to the forum a while back,

But, they refuse to even read it any more. One reason stated:

We don't do clubs, or rallys.

Shame is all this info floating around just for the reading.

Know that some sign on, don't like the answers they get, figure they will do it their way, and away they go.

Cannot force people, some you have a hard time convincing.

Real shame, WE ALL LOSE!! Sharing the knowledge is so powerful.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by billhoover

Don't hold your breath...seems the majority of Montana owners I visit with either don't 'do' computers, don't do forums, or are just plain not interested.
My experience also.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Would be interesting to know the number of people who are 'registered' and the number who just visit and read. We have a very active few who comment (I love to talk and typing is my way of talking on the forum) but I also believe (and hope) that we have a lot of folks who visit the sight but are shy / quiet types who still gain from our experience. I don't mind sharing and every once in a while, we have one of them chip in. It is what makes the world go round and we all gain. However, back to my original comment - I think it would be interesting if we could see (as some other sights have) a blurp that says XXXX signed in, XXXXX visiting, or something like that.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Skypilot

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/

At the bottom of the page shows how many are currently ONLINE on the forum, even their user names.

Also, at the top of the same page, shows how many current members we have, which is around 4,600, as some numbers have been "discontinued".
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

In the last year and a half I have managed to get 3 people to join the MOC, the rest of them, and that is quite a few, think it is rude to even mention it or worst. Like I did something that violated them by even mentioning it. Strange and this is one of the better RV sources I have found.
I joined but did not post for several months...I was discouraged from joining by a number of people, both members and non members. On my initial post I explained why, and won't go into it again.

It seems the MOC does not have a sterling reputation among RVers.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Bah! Humbug! The reputation probably has something to do with diamond louvered tailgates or some other inane misunderstanding. This forum is my lifeblood regarding all things Montana. I donate, I read, I learn, I question, I joke occasionally, and every now and then I like to pick on people, what is not to love about this cyber place!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here..many folks just don't do clubs ..IMO Big mistake, For a long time we avoided talking to Montana owners because it seemed most we talked to did not have a high opinion of their Montana. We now start out with " how do you like your Montana" if a positive response they get a card. If we get "you mean this piece of ^%$#**" we say..oh to bad..we are in that Travel supreme two rows over ..MOC is one of the better Forums..but then I had a Manager that had this sign on his desk...."Don't tell me anything I don't want to hear" Folks sign in..don't want to hear what is said...and go on their way..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #12
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Carol (aka Mrs CountryGuy): Thanks -- I forgot about the listing.

I just went and looked and we have '2' guests at this very moment looking. I still want to believe that we have a lot of folks who visit our site and read our comments, gain the information they need, and then sit quietly by until the point when they feel comfortable with our group. I looked at several threads and took note of the number of posts made by individuals and we have a very wide cambit of participants. I believe it is this, and the nature of RVing itself, that helps make this forum the valuable asset that it is.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #13
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Carol (aka Mrs CountryGuy): Thanks -- I forgot about the listing.

I just went and looked and we have '2' guests at this very moment looking. I still want to believe that we have a lot of folks who visit our site and read our comments, gain the information they need, and then sit quietly by until the point when they feel comfortable with our group. I looked at several threads and took note of the number of posts made by individuals and we have a very wide cambit of participants. I believe it is this, and the nature of RVing itself, that helps make this forum the valuable asset that it is.