Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895

I have been a member of MOC for a while and have done some reading but no posting. The recent threads on SOB and Around The Campfire, have spurred me on to actually posting. To be honest, I joined this group with a great deal of trepidation and hesitation. A number of members of this, as well as other forums have advised NOT joining. They claim it is a humorless organization, full of clicks and a spiteful group of core members who, at the whim of somebody??, can have a member kicked off the forum for what they deem to be a transgression of one type or another.

During my readings I have not noticed this other than it seems members are hesitant to post anything the least bit opposed to what somebody else says and a great many posts start with "IMHO" or "FWI" or "that/this is just my opinion," or "this is not a recommendation" or "that is a personal choice." Aren't all these forum opinions and all choices personal? It seems posters are extremely sensitive and concerned about hurting someone's feelings...or maybe being kicked off themselves.

Anyway, we have an 06 3400RL and an 06 Chevy 2500HD crew cab, 4x4 Duramax. We are in the process of finding another truck. Got the truck first, big mistake, looking for a dually.

I'm here to learn. Yes, we've had numerous RVs before, but never a 5th wheel and never a Keystone product.

Sorry for the long post and I'm glad to be here...so far.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote