Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #1
Themainah

M.O.C. #19122
Battery connection

Feeling foolish at having to ask this.
I removed the battery from our 2005 Montana 5ver three years ago. The model escapes me but it is in the 35 foot range, with a generator and 4 slides. When I recently went to reinstall the battery, after a couple of years, I encountered a case of brain fog, one of the perks of getting older I guess , and cannot recall exactly how it is hooked up. It has only one battery, a heavy gauge red wire that has a black sleeve at the end, a smaller gauge red wire, a heavy gauge black wire, and finally the white ground wire.

I had read on here that back in 2005 the wiring was per a brick and mortar home, but I am apprehensive of hooking things up incorrectly. I have the heavy gauge red/black wire, and the smaller gauge red wire on the positive terminal, the white is connected to the negative. Am I correct that the heavy gauge black wire will also go to positive, as it would in a brick and mortar home?

I would include a photo but I am not familiar with how to.
Themainah is offline   Reply With Quote