Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2024, 07:11 PM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Everybody’s life and expenses are different. It’s cheap where we live. My wife and I can live comfortably on our social security. Our taxes are cheap the electric bill for the house is less than $200 a month.
I agree get your ducks in a row but it’s not maybe a dire for you as for someone else. But be careful and first enjoy your life. It’s like an old neighbor told me many times “boy you we aren’t guaranteed another minute”.
Lynwood

mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:25 PM   #22
Pa_5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20027
Correct!

Nobody is guaranteed more time. I was 20 years old when my father died. He was 55. Years later, once I stopped 'self medicating', I realized what a shame it was for my mother and father that my dad passed so young. I really could've worked a few more years, I'm 63, but decided I could always make more money if needed. After all, money is the root of all evil. Thank you!
Pa_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:39 PM   #23
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa_5er View Post
Nobody is guaranteed more time. I was 20 years old when my father died. He was 55. Years later, once I stopped 'self medicating', I realized what a shame it was for my mother and father that my dad passed so young. I really could've worked a few more years, I'm 63, but decided I could always make more money if needed. After all, money is the root of all evil. Thank you!
No, none of us is guaranteed more time, but remember that none of us has a guaranteed end date, either. And it may not be true that you can always make more money if you need it.

I'm only 54, but several friends and classmates from my early life have already died--
two just in the past week, from cancer, at only 55. On the flip side, I also know of a woman in her '80s who sold her house and moved into expensive assisted living, thinking her health was so bad that she wouldn't live much longer--but now her health has improved, her house is gone along with most of her retirement money, and she will probably have to move in with one of her adult children to live out the 5 or 6 years she's probably got left.

One couple I knew as full-timers, the husband had a stroke and died just a few years into their full-timing adventure--so now the wife has had to go to their plan B, to live out her 15 or so more years. And another couple I knew as full-timers, intended when I knew them to stay in their RV on their daughter's property, as their plan B--but new zoning laws will make it very difficult/illegal for them to do that now.

I tried to send you a PM--I don't know if it went through or not--but the point I made in it was that the world is changing very quickly--so absolutely, enjoy your life!--but remember to make some realistic back-up plans. I've found that life never gets more predictable, no matter my age.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:56 AM   #24
brycesteiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33140
You just never know. My grandfather was 101 and still went camping in their RV with my parents last year. He past away on Autumns eve at home after he dislocated his shoulder (trying to get to his tool box that one of his kids blocked with a mattress, box spring, bed frame,) and the pain meds killed his liver.
Lesson Learned Never block a man's tool box no matter their age.
brycesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:24 AM   #25
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesteiner View Post
Lesson Learned Never block a man's tool box no matter their age.
Duly noted! Also, a prescribed overdose of antibiotics nearly did in my liver and gallbladder when I was only in my thirties. You just never know.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:16 PM   #26
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa_5er View Post
We will be getting new tires before we hit the road. Our friend is a mechanic and owns his own garage. Trying to decided between Hankook, Carllisle, and Sailun. While getting the new tires, he will install new wheel bearings, brakes, and possibly the backing plates. I will have him check the hangars, too. We definitely want to make sure 'Freddie' is ready for the road. I have attached a photo of our battery bank and inverter charger. I also created a new album with pictures of the remodel. Unfortunately, I downloaded them out of order. The last photo should have the been the first, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions! Anymore would be greatly appreciated.
Seeing bald eagles is always a treat. We live in rural PA and occassionally see them.
Your battery cables needs to be re-arranged. The positive and negative cables should connect to the batteries at opposite ends. Shown in the photo, both positive and negative are connected at the same end. When connected as shown, the first battery (closest to the inverter), drains at greater rate than the 2nd, and the second drains faster than the third, the third battery drains the slowest of the trio.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:35 PM   #27
brycesteiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33140
Do you mean to connect them by having the positive of the last one connecting to the negative of the next - similar to how you would put AA's in a device?
brycesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM   #28
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesteiner View Post
Do you mean to connect them by having the positive of the last one connecting to the negative of the next - similar to how you would put AA's in a device?
The answer is no. That would be in series. In the case of 3 batteries wired as you have described, the voltage of the lithiums would exceed 36 volts. In the photo shown, both of the cables leading to the inverter are connected to the batteries from the same end. One of the cables needs to be extended to the opposite end.

https://images.app.goo.gl/W5j7CiwBwNo3QjLG8
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote