Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Tornada

I will let everyone know that the tornada missed us by 1/4 mile this afternoon did a lot of damage just So of us.
Gene

faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Gene,
So glad to hear that you are alright. Hope everyone else down in that neck of the woods is doing well. We will keep you all in our thoughts.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gene
Good to hear those bad, bad winds missed you. Hope no one was hurt south of you.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What a blessing that you were not injured. We've been close to tornadoes in our lifetime and it is a frightening experience. Our prayers go out to those less fortunate.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:17 AM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Glad to hear that you did not have any damage. We hope your community was not badly harmed, we remember that there was a park with a lot of nice trees close to your home.

This has been a month of weird weather. Ontario had its first recorded November tornado last week about 30 miles north of us. Last night we were under a tornado watch and high wind warning. Tonight they are talking about snow squals.

Thanks for letting us know that you are OK.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Gene,

That was the nasty snarly stuff that was coming our way. Whew, close call (been there, about 5 years ago had one take out ONE house about that far away from our stick built, very scary, the guy's wife was gone, as was child, but he was home. He was in the barn, heard it coming, started for the house, looked up, make a quick decision on his action. He felt it was gonna hit something of his, decided his best shot at surviving was to ride it out strapped INTO his race car which had roll bars. His statement was, "If I am gonna go for a ride, I am gonna go with some protection." Took out his house, totally, missed the barn where he was riding it out strapped into that race car. At my house, it just shook a bit, and did not rain or blow that hard. Storms like this are bizarre at best.)

Anyway, real glad you guys are ok!! WHEW!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:21 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Glad to hear that you are okay! There is no doubting the destructive power of tornados. Last weekend, we went up to Helen, Georgia and stayed at Unicoi Lodge. The area was hit by a tornado that spun off of Hurricane Katrina as the eastern most fringes went through Georgia. Apparently, over 10,000 trees are estimated to have been lost around Helen. We were also shocked to see the devastation behind Unicoi Lodge. A heavily forested area that came within 100 feet of the lodge itself was leveled. Fortunately, it angled away from the campground and, according to people there, no one was hurt.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
WE were very lucky. It was worse than I first thought. No deaths but 22 injured. Some broken bones is the worst.Several homes destroyed.John it didn't touch the park.A mile or so South of us is a Country Club Golf Course with hugh homes surrounding it. A lot of them were destroyed.Could of been a lot worst.Can't hardly wait to go to So Tx. One more Mo. Thanks for the concern & prayers.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:28 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad to hear you had no damage, Gene and Fae. I've lived in "tornado alley" most of my life and have never seen a tornado although I think I may have seen one in the distance when I was a teenager. Not sure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote