Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
We are baaaaaack..........

We had a wonderful winter and so enjoyed our first "snowbird" experience. Been back to our stick house for a month and haven't had a spare moment until today. The past four weeks have been spent with processing a bushel basket of mail, tax stuff, clean out "Monty", dewinterize stick house, winter yard clean up, spring planting and the list goes on and on as many of you can appreciate.

Hubby loved his truck and very pleased with the way it handled over 8,000 miles of roadways averaging ll.8mpg. We found Monty to be very comfortable, however, while in Donna, Texas the annoying dinette slide leak reappeared. In addition we developed leaks in the other two slides while in Arizona and the topper was in Pampa, Texas during a heavy rain storm the window above the dresser decided to allow water in the bedroom. Had Monty back to our dealer upon our return for the fourth time. Now, after today's rain, looks like we will be making a fifth trip. We love our dealer and sales rep, however, would rather be visiting them for an "open-house" or coffee and donuts.

While at our dealer, we did look at the 3400 as more space and a king size bed would be nice. However, not pleased with the bathroom sink in the bedroom and no door to close off the bathroom from the bedroom. While I like the the over all living space of the 3400, I'm not willing, at this point, to give up our bedroom layout and sliding door. Works well for us since we have a third adult traveling with us. And wow, did you all see the new Cambridge? Lots of wowie and glitzy stuff in there, but man, oh man, is that puppy heavy as well as really low to the ground.

The things we leaned while traveling this winter is that other RV'ers are just great people; we can live very comfortably with very little "stuff"; we did not miss the winter cold and snow; there is so much to see and do while traveling that sometimes you don't have time for it all; and lastly, we can now completely understand why a person would become a full timer. What a life!

The thing that I missed the most, was my computer and internet access.

Would also like to say "thank you MOC members for your campground and RV park recommendations". We were not disappointed and all were great recommendations - have posted comments under campground thread.

It's great to be back on line and looking forward to getting back in the MOC grove. Looks like there is lots of interesting conversation/ stuff for me to catch up on.

vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Sounds like you had a great winter. Welcome back!!
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hey, Vic and Ron! I wondered what happened to you folks. Glad to see you're back and you had a good time over the winter. We'll be in South Texas (Mission, at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort) in Jan/Feb next year but made sure we got a park with free wi-fi! I'd probably shrivel up and die going that long without a connection! Welcome back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Now that your have your "Snowbird" license, Are you about to go fulltime? Just think, you wouldn't have to dewinterize the house, clean up from winter, or do spring planting. You could just be continually on the wing as it were. So instead of "Snowbirds" you would become "Soaring Eagles". Really glad you had a great adventure in Nation of Texas.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Ron & Vic, Great to see you back and connected. We truly enjoyed our first winter of being snowbirds also. But as Steve said, think I would have gone nuts without my laptop and WiFi connection. We have been at our vacation home in WV (have the Monty at CandyHill) for about a month now. Have been busy getting boxes unpacked and doing some remodeling here at our chalet in the mountains. Know what you mean by bushels of mail. Even though we had all our first class mail forwarded couldn't believe it took us two days just to go through the other mail. Hope to meet up with you guys somewhere down the road.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Ron and Vic so glad to see you are back with us. We tried to locate you at Victoria Palms in Feb only to find you had left. We will be back in the valley at Bensten Palms Village in Mission Jan/Feb/Mar of 2006. It is great to be fulltimers, we just love it. Hope to see you on the road again.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Ron and Vic: Welcome back to the cold country. You might not know it, but we are also a threesome. That is why we went to the 3670RL. It is the most open unit that Montana makes and it has the "separate" bathroom when you close both wooden sliders. You should take a look at it.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #8
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Really did miss this fantastic web site!

Marge and John - It was so nice of you to look us up and feel badly that we missed you. We will now have something to look forward to this coming winter, unless we see each other on the road before then. Continued safe travels to you.

Bill and Ann - Ya, your right, this is the "cold" country. However, on the positive side - NO SNOW!!!! Thanks for suggesting the 3670. When we take our 2980 back to our dealer for the fifth time we will see if our dealer has one on the lot and take a look at it again. Originally we discounted the 3670 because we like the island kitchen. However, now that we have some real "Monty living experience" under our belt, it may look differently to us.

Stiles-I know we could easily become "Soaring Eagles" with a less complicated life, but at this point we aren't ready to give up our stick house and most beautiful, restful (but too much work) yard with towering oaks.

Joyce and Tom - Wish it only took two days to filter through the bushel basket of mail. It was truly amazing on the amount of "junk" mail that arrived while we were on the road. All those poor trees!!!
Ah, Candy Hill brought back fond memories from our trip last fall - Another beautiful area that I would like to re-visit (soon)!

Steve and Vicki - Looks like Bensten Village will be the place to rock this winter. Looking forward to another southern Texas valley winter and visiting with all of our MOC buddies!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome home vickster. We are so glad to have you back on the MOC.
I, like Steve, do not know how you got along for months without the computer and especially this forum. I was offline just since this past Sunday and was having some serious withdrawals. Don't even want to consider being offline as long as you were.
As we will again be in the Sunshine state again next winter, hopefully we'll get see you at one of the rally's this year. Maybe in Indiana again this September?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:47 AM   #10
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome back vickster, It's good to get away fof the winter. It's always good to hear that a member enjoyed their time travling this great country.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:20 AM   #11
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
sounds like your a little busy! welcome back.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #12
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Again thanks all for your kind words. Yes it was WONDERFUL getting away for the winter.

Glenn and Lorraine - How did I get along without a computer? NOT WELL. Really missed the interaction with others and at times you have feelings of isolation and "disconnection". After awhile the "withdrawal" symptoms fade away. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in September. Continued safe travels.