Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #21
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
SO if OTRMobile is out and us future FTing mobile users need AT&T or VZ for coverage and data... what are our options? I don't mind paying ~100-120 dollars a month if I have to for true unlimited data. I'm already paying that at home... so FTing, it would not be a hit to our budget.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #22
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
Thanks. I did not know what OTR was.
OTR is designed as "mobile" internet, but it is what we use as our fixed wireless, and works well...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #23
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
Come on guys. 60+Mb download speeds!! ...
This has nothing to do with the speed, but we regularly go over 300GB of data each month, and that's basically watching on only one TV. We have 2 at times, and do internet browsing, but a majority comes from watching our TV provider, YouTubeTV.

It racks up fast!!!
Old 03-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #24
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
SO if OTRMobile is out and us future FTing mobile users need AT&T or VZ for coverage and data... what are our options? I don't mind paying ~100-120 dollars a month if I have to for true unlimited data. I'm already paying that home so FTing, it would not be a hit to our budget.
OTRMobile is still going to exist, they are moving to T-Mobile as the supplier. Not for sure if their coverage is as good as AT&T or VZ, but that's what they are going to.

I'll be finding out soon, how good TM is in my area, which according to their coverage map is a poor location. AT&T was not all that good according to the map either, but I could still get to the 60+.

Shall see. I'll report back when I'm working again...