Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
So Greg,

How is the repair coming?

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
I dropped it off at CW (Hawleys Camping World) yesterday. They said it would be about 3 days or so before they called me.

I also have a bad wear pattern on the inside edges of my Driver Side tires. Right on the edge.... could be camber, bearings, all sorts of stuff. There is another thread going on about that issue started by Ozz.

I had G614's put on the rig as part of my purchase negotiation. I'm waiting to hear what they come up with on that one too.

Those tires are $300+ each so I need to get that issue addressed as well.

As soon as I hear back and how long its going to take etc I'll post the outcome.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #23
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Greg,

Did you get your Montana back yet?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
No John but thanks for asking...

When I called on 10/4 they told me they could get my rig evaluated before 10/21. So I said ok and we made an appointment to drop it off at 11:30 on 10/11. I drove 2:45hrs to get there and was right on time.

The service guy who checked me in said they would look at it in 3 days and then contact Montana. He said after they talk to Montana to approve the work they would call me.

I waited a week before I called. When I didn't hear back after a week I called and I was then told that they would not even get to look at it till 10/29.

I complained to Keystone about being refused service by the one dealer, and the distance I had to travel and the time it was taking for warranty repairs. I made several calls and emails.

Eventually after making some noise here on MOC (I think Keystone might troll the MOC) I finally got a call from Mr Mack - the President of Montana. He assured me that he would get to the bottom of it and would have someone contact me to help me get the situation resolved.

A day later I got an email from Keystone Customer Service Expressing their regret that I was having difficulty. ... That was it. Nothing else. It was all just empty words hoping I'd go away.

So now I'm getting a little annoyed... I respond to that email and say that's it?? No help getting it expedited and not even an apology for what's been going on?. (I made some suggestions as to how it could be expedited such as my providing pictures of the blown hydraulic piston and oil all over the place to at least get it pre approved for repair)

Her response: We did apologize when we said we regret the problems I've been having....

She said they don't pre-approve work without the repair shop first looking at it. (even though folks here on MOC said that's what they did, plus got blank checks for repairs etc)

Now I get the feeling that some folks on this forum don't like anyone to complain or "bash" Keystone or Montana. But this whole episode has left a bad taste in my mouth. My second Keystone and the one and only time that I've ever looked to Keystone for a warranty repair they've been useless and non responsive. It's closing in on a month since the situation was discovered and reported, and I still haven't even gotten it looked at.

When they do, and we start going round and round on the axle and tire wear problems I have a feeling that its going to be real interesting.

I'm starting to feel sorry that I didn't buy that Hitchhiker like I was going to.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Wow Greg,

That is slower than Camping World in Statesville, NC and the Summer season is over, I would think they would be looking for work this time of year.

You might want to PM Larry Sessoms (HOOK on MOC). He might be able to point you in the right direction to get the problem resolved.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #26
CBTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9267
For the benefit of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Montana owners we have been satisfied with the work performed by Burlington RV in Sturtevant, WI. I've had a bunch of questions about various things and their service people are pretty straight and well informed Their service manager really knows his stuff and I trust his answers. Many of the small aggravating things I've simply done myself because it's easier to do it rather than hitch the Monty ( located in storage about 15 miles from our house) up and truck it to the dealer. They adjusted one of my slideouts, after we had something block the slide as we were opening it, and the work was performed quickly and properly. I wanted to have them add a hitch to the back of our Monty and they explained that they did not have fully qualified welders to do the installation, but the referred me to a small company that did a very good job.

This is from a person who did every repair on his GMC motorhome for 23 years except timing chain replacement because I could not find a mechanic I could trust to work on the GMC.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #27
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Over a month since first reporting the problem and 3 weeks sitting in the dealers lot and they still have not even looked at it yet. If they determine I need new axles how long will that be??

I might have to drive it up to Wisconsin.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #28
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gkerlin

Over a month since first reporting the problem and 3 weeks sitting in the dealers lot and they still have not even looked at it yet. If they determine I need new axles how long will that be??

I might have to drive it up to Wisconsin.
My dealer, Ketelsen RV in Hiawatha, IA, will work with you. For over 35 years they've had me as a very satisfied customer. I know they are a ways from you but they might be worth looking into. Call 319-377-8244 and ask for Gary Ketelsen. Tell him that Orv Schinke recommended that you call him for help. The only people they've turned away are the ones who purchase a unit from a dealer about 100 miles away who doesn't do service work, just sells units. And even then Ketelsen will work on your unit, just not at the top of the list.

They are an extremely trustworthy dealer and will do everything possible to satisfy the customer.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #29
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
PROGRESS!!

I was just informed this morning that they looked at my rig yesterday and sent the workup into keystone for authorization to proceed.

He wasn't sure but besides replacing the hydraulic piston he thought that they had requested two new axles to deal with the tire wear problem.