Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Graphic replacement pictures.

Not intended to be a step by step "how to", but here are some pictures taken during the process. One step that is missing is the final clean with isopropanol just before the new graphic was applied.

Graphic replacement

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Great photos John! Rig is looking good!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Our Monty is an 09 ( Built in June of 08 ) and it is going back to the Dealer in Oct to get the Decals replaced. For some reason the passengers side of the Monty and front graphics have cracked like spider webs. Hope the new set last a lot longer. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

The Montana vinyl graphics are a bit of a joke, if you ask me. You would think that they would have this problem solved by now. The vinyl that is designed for exterior use should last from 5-7 years, with no issues at all. I just don't understand why they keep using the same supplier for these graphics, it makes no sense at all.

The front is starting to go on my less than 1 year old '09. I will see about whether they will replace them at the Fall Rally or not. If they do, great, and we will see if the problem is cured. If not, when it gets too bad for me to take any more, I think that I will replace with a different suppliers vinyl at my cost, and it sure won't be advertising space for Montana! Maybe even a full paint job, if I have the funds.

Sorry for the hijack and negativity, but it is just frustrating for me to see a continuing issue go on, and on, with no true solution. Hopefully, the quality of the replacement vinyl is better than the original stuff, .............time will tell.

I'll be quiet now.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Yes, have to agree that they are very low in quality as I have applied 3M graphics on Antique tractors and some are as old as 10 years and have not discolored, peeled or cracked. Then again these were put on Antique John Deeres so maybe that's where the quality comes in!!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Burlington Graphics the vendor for the graphics will be at the fall rally and will do a seminar as well as take questions so make a list.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
I guess the rally and Seminar for some of us will be of little use as distance is a factor to travel across the Country to attend. Would like to attend but time on the road would exceed time at the Rally. Product quality, durability to weather/ atmosphereic conditions would be a priority. Can you imagine the cost to the manufacture, dealer, and owners that this creates over time. If the RV manufacture and Graphics companies would take this into account and spec out requirements for superior graphics we wouldn't be removing and replacing every year---etc. Then again they look pretty when they are brand new and for sale on the lot. Ours was already spider webbed when we picked up our unit new; naturally voice relayed from the manufacture was: "don't worry about it, it's covered on warranty".
Old 08-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
John, Thanks for the great photo's. The rig looks great. We have been lucky so far. Our 2006 has shown no signs of peeling or cracking. Storing it inside has probably helped the situation.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Burlington Graphics the vendor for the graphics will be at the fall rally and will do a seminar as well as take questions so make a list.
Rich, I think the only question I have is whether the owner of Burlington Graphics is married to the daughter of the owner of Keystone. That's the only reason I can think of that would make Keystone keep a vedor with the same on going problem.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Rich I have emailed kristen about my front graphics. Have not heard from her. I may be able to find out in goshen you think?
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I also sent Kristin an e-mail last week. So far no response.

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote