Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #21
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
mtofell, We had a 2955 and pulled it over 50,000 miles (logged). Just a couple of comments. Yes, the galley waste is entirely separate from the shower/bathroom sink waste. We felt that was an advantage as we could better plan our disposal. No need to go into detail, just our experience.

The other point is that most of the time we were able to open the galley drain after we put in the slide. Only with extended stays was it necessary to 'crawl' under the slide.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #22
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
We bought our Montana used and the previous owner had the galley drain extended and connected a valve near the outlet. So the original valve stays open and we can empty without crawling under the rv. We don't use it in the winter so we don't have to worry about freezing.

Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Judi, that was a handy thing they did, makes the unpleasant dumping chore a little better.
What year and model Montana and tow vehicle do you have? Where are you guys from?
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #24
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
Ozz,

We are from Somerset WI. We bought a used 2003 2880 from Link Bros in Minong, WI in January and then waited until April to take it out anywhere! I can't believe someone would trade this great Monty for a Jayco!

We made a lot of the same changes I've seen on this site. Drawer under the Refrig, opened up the unused space at the end of the "U" of the kitchen, a pull-out can drawer next to the stove, a generator, a large power inverter, we changed all of the locks to household locks, including the basement locks, added a pressure tank, changed the shower faucets - pulled the LR panel with the mirror on it off to get to the plumbing, added storage under the bed, broke the latch for the mirrored closet door, etc....

We bought our first new truck, and first truck that wasn't a Ford, in 33 years. A 2007 2500HD Chev diesel. Traded the '97 ford diesel for a very comfy chev. The dog likes it so much, she will spend all day just sitting in it!

Our old 5er was a very small, very light 1990 Shadow Cruiser. Someone posted a question about moving up to a larger unit and I agree with all of the answers that were given. The Monty pulls easy, but we could put the Shadow Cruiser in some great sites that we won't fit in anymore.

Hubby and I have an agreement when it comes to driving: I do all the driving forward and he does all the driving backwards! So far, neither of us had hit anything!

I'll try to post some pictures, I haven't gotten up the ambition for that yet.

The Monty is winterized, so no more trips until spring.
since we are so much bigger, I will need to plan ahead and make reservations. We like to stay at state parks and the bigger sites with elec tend to go early.

We have learned a lot from this site. I've checked our tires and hubby checked the shakles. I'll keep visiting.

Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #25
rockyjo4@hotmail.com

M.O.C. #24030
I am a sixty-nine year old woman recently widowed. I am in a montana two thousand four. The galley drain unscrewed when I went to dump it. Do you think I can do it myself?
rockyjo4@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote