Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Oh my, how fast the junk piles up!

We're sitting at home for a short while again, off the road. A slide cable broke and my scheduled repair at my local RV dealership-repair shop was today. So I took the Montana in for the fix. The broken cable is on the bedroom slide.

So, all last week, and mostly this last week-end, we've taken the opportunity to do some deep cleaning on the Montana. And while doing so, had to clear out a bunch of stuff from the bed room so the workers and access the cables and such, probably standing on the bed and such.

So, that meant clearing out all of the "JUNK" that was in the bed room! On oh my gosh! What Junk! We hauled droves of stuff out of the bed room and temporarily placed everything in the garage at the house. While doing so, we decided to clean out the closet and get our favorite clothes back inside the house, not knowing how long the repair shop will actually have the camper to do the work. So, we went ahead and took the opportunity to really clean out the camper! And OH MY GOSH! The Junk we've accumulated over the last 12 months is horriffic! We did this same thing about a year ago, but not to this extent.

We have several Tupperware Totes in the utility shed and in the loft of the detached garage, (several of them) from years gone by where we've cleaned the (many and past) campers out, put all the stuff we thought we'd keep in a container and store it for later .... then later never came. More junk accumulated, and the cycle continued.

So, my wife threw out about 99% of her wardrobe and I tossed out about 5 years of accumulation of clothes I'm not wearing any more either. We found boxes of 9 mm and 20 gage shot gun shells all over the bed room (yes, we carry), that we've accumulated and forgot we had. We found gobs of old dog toys, blankets, sheets, and linens we quit using a long time ago. We took out bottles of lotions, oils, hair stuff, electronic wires and stuff, old DVD players, oh my, lit list is incredible!

So, when we get the camper back from the repair ... we're putting back in the camper, only the things we're actually using!

Well, you know what that means! Next year about this time, we'll be doing another house cleaning!

Will the accumulation of JUNK ever end!
DutchmenSport is online now   Reply With Quote