Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Flying J & Pilot Join Together

I received the following letter from Flying J today:

Dear RV Real Value Customer,
As a valued Flying J customer and RV Real Value Club member, we wanted you to know that effective July 1st, Flying J and Pilot Travel Centers have joined together to offer you even more:
NOW OVER 550 TRAVEL CENTERS IN NORTH AMERICA DEDICATED TO MEETING YOUR NEEDS
All 250+ Flying J locations will continue to operate under the existing brand name and offer the same great products and services as before.
More than 300 Pilot Travel Centers across 40 states will now be linked to Flying J under the same company.
Flying J will continue to be your preferred stop for all of your RV needs with:
-Propane
-RV Dedicated Fueling Lanes
-Dump Facilities
-Products designed to meet all your traveling needs
We are also excited to announce plans to expand RV offerings at many Pilot locations in the near future, as we add RV lanes, Propane tanks, and RV Dump facilities to several of our larger locations.
IMPROVEMENTS COMING TO THE RV REAL VALUE CLUB IN AUGUST, 2010
Until August 31, 2010, continue to use your RV Real Value Club membership card and enjoy its benefits as you always have. Beginning September 1, your RV Real Value Club membership will be accepted at
participating Flying J and Pilot Travel Center Locations, but with some greater savings opportunities.
RV Real Value Club Benefits and Changes, beginning September 1,2010:
Instant fuel discounts\ made easier for you:
o 3 cents off per gallon of diesel (initially, only available in RV lanes)
o 2 cents off per gallon of gasoline (available only at travel centers with RV lanes) and,
o 10 cents off for per gallon of propane
Please note that, temporarily, you will no longer be able to use your RV card to get cash price diesel at the
Truck Diesel lanes. However, we are working on incorporating this feature into our program in the next
several months. We will let you know when it is functional.
Discounts apply to a maximum of 300 gallons of diesel and 100 gallons of gasoline per month. Monthly in-store and restaurant purchases are no longer required for fuel discounts. Your RV card will also continue to give you 1/2 off pricing for the use of Dump Facilities.
Please note that you will NOT need to get a new card to continue participating in this program. We appreciate your loyalty to Flying]. With our new partner Pilot Travel Centers, we will continue to provide you with the quality and value you have come to expect. We look forward to your next Flying J or Pilot Travel Center visit.
For more information on Flying J, Pilot Travel Centers and your RV Real Value Club membership, please visit us at www.pilotflyingj.com
*Due to certain New Jersey (56: 6-3 o/the New Jersey Statutes) and Wisconsin state regulations, we are unable to administer the Rewards Club or RV Real Value Club fuel discounts for fuel purchased at our locations in these states.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Yep, I got the same letter.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We use Flyiong J a lot as they are Rv friendly..Pilot is not and we always avoid them. Hope Pilot brings their service up up to Flying J standards.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I avoid ALL the big truck stops...crowded, dirty, noisy, expensive, and long lines. Other than that, they are fine.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Always use the Flying J when we can. Easy to fuel, park and good to eat at. Like richfaa said - hope they improve the Pilot RV accommodations.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
When we were in Montana in July a Flying J worker told me of the merger and that some of the stations were to be closed due to regulations of some sort, she was not happy about that.
But I did not get a letter from them yet, I also wonder if our account numbers will change along with new cards. I have a 200.00 + buffer in my account right now for future trips.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I got my letter today. Sounds like it will be pretty much business as usual. With maybe some improvements!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
You know, we don't use them anymore. We got one of those RV Real Value cards when we bought our rig, and we were told using it would give us a three cent a gallon discount off diesel. Funny, it never did. Most of the locations I tried did not have dedicated RV lanes, only dedicated truck lanes, and they hate us there! And now the price at both of these places are the most expensive fuel prices I see on the road. Sure, I have to be cautious about where I pull in, but I can usually beat them by 10 or more cents per gallon. Case in point last week in Georgia when FJ had 3.05 I found prices at the same exit of 2.79. I'm glad many of you are happy with them, but we are not.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Pilot is terrible.Hope they don't ruinFJ.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Another note, because of the merger, some of the stations are being sole to Love's. Part of the agreement with the Government to allow the merger.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I called up Flying Credit card department to see if the merger will cause a new Credit Card # to be issued to the Flying J CC accounts in service now. I was told that there will be no change in CC service or the issue of new CC account numbers.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Flying J diesel prices are pricey and I do not purchase fuel at them any more. They have changed their in store products and they look more like a yuppie store. I can find diesel at $2.74 with Flying J at $2.99. When I fill with 126 gallons that is a lot of extra money for Flying J.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by old turbo

Flying J diesel prices are pricey and I do not purchase fuel at them any more. They have changed their in store products and they look more like a yuppie store. I can find diesel at $2.74 with Flying J at $2.99. When I fill with 126 gallons that is a lot of extra money for Flying J.
You're partially right. I have never found that big a difference between Flying J and other fuel stations. I have found as much as a nickel a gallon difference but that's all. We use Flying J predominantly because of being full time and on the road almost continually, it seems. Flying J, as someone else mentioned, is RV friendly and that to me is worth the nickel.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by old turbo

Thats quite a differance in price .25 per gal, I use Flying J most of the time as others do, for the in and out ease and resturants.
But if I see fuel .25 cents per gallon cheaper regardless who is selling it I there buying it just like you.
But to be honnest with you I have never seen a that big of a reduction in prices while on the road. but be assured if I do you can put money on it I'll be there buying fuel.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #15
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We have two fuel tanks, so we have the ability to buy fuel where we find it at the lowest price using the online prices as a reference.

Sometimes the big fuel stops are the best price and sometimes they are not. We buy the cheapest fuel, makes no difference who the seller might be at the time.

....and yes, the Pilots can be tricky getting in and out, but we've managed without incident.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #16
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Political post removed by MOC Admin.
Thank you,
RVWheel, MOC Admin.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I was told (by flying j waitress) that the restaurant ops were all being taken over by Denny's. IMO that's not great news. My experience has been that Flying J hasgreat food
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Political post removed by MOC Admin.
Thank you,
RVWheels, MOC Admin.

Pbahlin,
I so hope that the waitress who told you about the Denny's taking over the food process at the FJs is wrong. That would mean we would have to find somewhere else to fuel and feed.

I detest Denny's. While their food is usually acceptable we seldom found their service to be acceptable! If there were no other places to eat I might eat there but would do so under duress. While FJ's food was not outstanding we usually found it to be better than the run of the mill restaurants.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Comment removed because it was rendered moot due to prior post being removed.
Thank you, RVWheels, MOC Admin.

Lenny's taking over our favorite truck stop food.. Yipes.... Lenny's does a good bkfst. Don't think we have ever had anything else there.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #20
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Political comments removed.
Thank you,
RVWheels, MOC Admin.