Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
gbroot

M.O.C. #4608
Tank Monitor Wiring Question

Pack Rats chewed ALL my tank monitor wiring!! There are nickle size red tabs holding the four colored wires connecting to the in-tank connections. One of these red tabs was chewed too close to the tab to reconnect. What is the internal function of the red tab? Are the four wires just connected together or is there another electrical component inside the red tab?
I thought I had everything reconnected correctly but my fresh water continues to show empty even when full. The Grey tank is now OK and of-course the black tank never reads right anyway.
Any thought out there?
Thanks

gbroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Gotta say, have heard a lot of stories and complaints about the tank sensors, but, gbroot, I think this is a first!

I would not be worrying about any of them, cept that fresh water tank. Personal thing, don't cha know.

But, you win the award for bizarre tank sensor story of 2008.

Cannot help you on your question tho. Sorry.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
So...did a deep dive on this circuit.

That red tab is a resistor pack. your gonna need to replace it

Order from OEM here;

http://www.kibenterprises.com/

noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
If this is going to lead to a lot of work and money, I would either follow Mrs CG's advice and do without, or invest in a system that actually works. The internal sensor systems are notoriously inaccurate. There are some systems that use external sensors that I THINK probably work a lot better. (e.g. www.rvgauge.com/rv.htm )

Just make sure that the water pump switch is working OK. The rest you can learn to live without, although I will admit the fresh water level is usually accurate, and the most useful of all the level sensors to have working.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
This part is cheap...its the K101 Resistor pack and off link on my previous post, price list its only $4.00.

Here is the exact link to prices....
http://www.kibenterprises.com/pricelist.html
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good job noneck
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote