Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
What kind of bracket

With these new flat screen TV's , what kind of mounting bracket do you use an where do you get them.
Allen

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Funny you should ask. We had a dealer call Keystone parts to get a part number so I could order one...Turns out keystone puts 3 different kinds of TV's in the Montana each one uses a different bracket therefore a different part number.. That was the end of that. Also got a flyer from Mor Ryde saying that they build a bracket that will fit any of the TV's.???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I made my own out of 1 1/2" angle iron from Lowes. I tossed the original. Works great and is it is flat with front of cabnit.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Allen, I got one from Best Buy and had them mount it on a 3/4" piece of plywood behind the TV (duh). A carpenter reinforced the upper and lower shelf with 5/8" plywood and mounted a vertical piece between the top and bottom with angle iron. I went with a larger arm because of moving so often. I have a subwoofer behind all this. My arm articulates so I can see it from the kit table also. To secure while moving I just use a strap behind the mount and pillows in front of the TV. The folks at Best Buy Home Theater section were great. I also had to have my cabinet cut so I could use a 32". TV Sits is in very nice. Hope this helps. I did post pictures of the install in another thread, perhaps you could use search under my screen name to find it of somebody else might know where it presides in all this cyber stuff. Good luck and hope this helps....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:33 AM   #5
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Thanks for the replies, will try to get a bracket made up or bought. I have a 05 3400rl
I was wondering how to get into the back of the cabinet. I think mounting it on a 3/4" plywood and then sliding it in that way it could be screwed from under the bottom behind fireplace
thanks
Allen
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #6
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
On this subject,did you happen to read the article in trailer life magazine. They are saying if you store your trailer in cold climates, the LCD should be removed from the trailer as it will freeze and ruin the screen. I guess this is good to know, as we were going to replace ours with a flat screen next year, so now I will have to add that to the winterizing list.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Allen, the very back of our cab in just a false wall of panelling. That's why we reinforced the shelf above the fireplace with 3/4 ply and the shelf above the TV with 3/4 ply, then a piece about 8 inches wide from top shelf to bottom shelf braced with angle iron for strength. The articulatiing arm was mounted to this board. Had to remove fireplace to get to back and underneath....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #8
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Check with Best Buy or Circuit City. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote