Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Satellite System

In our Big Sky above our HD TV where the CD/DVD player is. There is a outlet with two cable connections, in the back corner. We have not hooked up a satellite as of yet. Was wondering if that is the in & out for your satellite box? There is a little 6" cable hooked up to one & goes back & hooks up to the other.

fla hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
FlaHobo,
If your double connections are anything like my 2955RL Montana the bottom RF connector is in and the top connector goes to the other side of the cabinet to the back of an RF connector with a coax running from the RF connector to a splitter behind the TV.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Agree with JB....mine is the same way.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
So does the in & out for your satellite box get plugged into where the little 6" cable is now?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
It can get a little complicated and usually I have to do it by trial and error. On our 3400 the top connector is the satellite in and the others connected by the short cable enable the campground cable signal to go to the back bedroom tv and for the antenna feed to reach the front tv when using cable. I use a dual LNB dish with a separate cable run to the bedroom to a different receiver. The primary cable goes to the connector on the convenience center (basement) which runs to the DVD cabinet. There are a few threads on the Let us Entertain You topic that have discussed various methods for hookup. Hope this helps.
Bingo

On edit, missed your last question, the top connector should go to your receiver in, receiver out should go to the splitter in the cabinet which will in turn feed the TV (all of this is supposing the systems are the same which I believe they are)

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
So we only need that 6" cable connected when we are connecting to cable at the campground right?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
If you have an SD receiver connected to the in connector, the receiver should act as a pass through for the park cable. My HD receiver has a HDMI cable to the TV, I have no RF out from my receiver. So, I use an RF modulator in line from my HD receiver to the top RF connector in that double plate. My receiver is the DTV H20. Dish receivers may have an RF out. If you need an RF modulator they are about $17 at WalMart and about $25 at Radio Shack. Using the RF modulator allows you to connect from the DTV receiver and complete the circuit for the bedroom TV If you have the DTV HD receiver.

If your receiver isn't connected, that 6" coax will work for your park cable when connected between the top & bottom RF connectors.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The thread "Let Us Entertain You," has some posts regarding the connectivity. I see that you posted previously asking about King Dome vs. W-guard. If you have an antenna installed you will have two feeds into your trailer. Both of mine come into the cabinet above the tv in the 3400rl. I only need to use one feed in as the combiner splitter that DISH provides will allow hookup to Sat1 and Sat2 inputs. I disconnect the top jumper and feed the "distribution out," from the DISH DVR-722 into the top feed. This allows the back bedroom to view independent channels using the DVR-722 in Dual Mode. (RF actuated channel change) See posts in other threads on hook up. Remember, I do use DISH network so DTV may be slightly or moderately different.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I think I got this from Charlie originally. The overall diagram should still apply to your Big Sky. Sounds like you are on the right track.

I set mine up like Waymen's using a Dish reciever.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:45 AM   #10
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
thanks for the info and thanks for the diagram brad. i will copy it but our printer just lost it's port connecter so i have to go get a new printer first. thanks alot guys