Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I might have a problem

When i was up to my storage place to get the numbers for the fridge for the recall notice.I happened to notice that the ceiling fan which when the slide is closed just misses the slide.Well now if I turn the fan blades it will hit the slide at the top.I don`t have the batteries in to bring out the slides.Bringing the slide out will probably be no problem.But bringing it back in I can see the fan blade hitting the slide as it gets closer to being fully closed.I looked at the slide from outside and it looks normal-closed and tight all the way around.Now were only talking about a 1/2 inch difference from what it should be.

I`am just wondering if sitting for a long time during these winter monthes if maybe the slide has shifted some how to cause this issue.

I`am guessing the amswer is putting in the batteries and seeing what happens from their.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
harleyrider, I'd guess the fan blades might be sagging a little! Look and see if they could be a little loose or be sagging just from the cold. Just a thought. I can't imagine the slide shifting upwards to get near the fan?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 AM   #3
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
I had to put Loctite on the blade screws because they kept coming loose. Worth checking it out.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote