Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We can't believe Lippert

We mentioned before about the trouble we ran into when we first got to Florida. We had leaking coming between the motor and oil reservoir of our slides so on Christmas Eve day Bill e-mailed lippert asking where he could get a new gasket for the motor. We expected to wait for awhile for an answer because of the holidays but that was not true. The day after Christmas at 9:05am we got an answer from Amanda at Lippert telling us that they do not replace the gasket and to send the date of purchase and date of production along with our serial number and they would send us a new motor. They also told us that if we were not comfortable replacing the motor they would authorize an hour labor at any dealer. The motor arrived a few days later and Bill was very comfortable with replacing it but he noticed a that the front terminal post was bent. He didn't know if that was a change in the newer ones or if it got banged up in transit. Anyway he straightened the terminal to fit and installed the new motor. Everything worked just fine. About a month later when I tried to slide in nothing happened. Dead as a doornail. After checking everything out we found a blown fuse between the battery and the motor. This is a very different kind of fuse but we were able to remove the fuse and hot-wire the connection enough to slide in and back out when we got to our next place. We replaced the fuse but thought we should let Lippert know what had happened just in case.

Yesterday Bill e-mailed Lippert again and told them what happened and they called on the phone a short time later. They shipped another new motor out the same day. They didn't like the fact that we blew that fuse. We just can't say enough about Lippert. They have been great.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I had posted about a month ago that they did the same thing for a MOC member in Havasu city. New motor and installation..THey are OK.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I sure would like to read this but these old eyes just cannot focus on this small print it is all running together.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Might be a tad small on the print Helen . Had to change my screen size to read.

Glad you had success through Lippert! They seem to really back thier products.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I am glad I read your entire post. From the subject, I thought you could not believe them because they told you something and did something else!
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Helen, Thank you for making the print larger so I could read this post, This is so good to know how much lippert stands behind their product..
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I love stories about heroes. Sounds like Lippert wears a cape.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great story, Helen. Thanks for sharing!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Way to go Lippert! Glad to hear they stand behind their product... Another great story!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For those having trouble with the script, here's the post in standard font.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

We mentioned before about the trouble we ran into when we first got to Florida. We had leaking coming between the motor and oil reservoir of our slides so on Christmas Eve day Bill e-mailed lippert asking where he could get a new gasket for the motor. We expected to wait for awhile for an answer because of the holidays but that was not true. The day after Christmas at 9:05am we got an answer from Amanda at Lippert telling us that they do not replace the gasket and to send the date of purchase and date of production along with our serial number and they would send us a new motor. They also told us that if we were not comfortable replacing the motor they would authorize an hour labor at any dealer. The motor arrived a few days later and Bill was very comfortable with replacing it but he noticed a that the front terminal post was bent. He didn't know if that was a change in the newer ones or if it got banged up in transit. Anyway he straightened the terminal to fit and installed the new motor. Everything worked just fine. About a month later when I tried to slide in nothing happened. Dead as a doornail. After checking everything out we found a blown fuse between the battery and the motor. This is a very different kind of fuse but we were able to remove the fuse and hot-wire the connection enough to slide in and back out when we got to our next place. We replaced the fuse but thought we should let Lippert know what had happened just in case.

Yesterday Bill e-mailed Lippert again and told them what happened and they called on the phone a short time later. They shipped another new motor out the same day. They didn't like the fact that we blew that fuse. We just can't say enough about Lippert. They have been great.

Helen
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
I agree with everyone that Lippert is great to deal with. I had the same leak on my 2005 Montana, however, since I was not the original owner Lippert could not send me a knew pump. They, however recommended that I see if I could get a hydraulic place to make a new, slightly larger cross-section gasket. I ended up at the local hardware store who could make a gasket from lengths of what I would call rubber rope. Simply cut to the right length and glue the ends together with super glue. It stopped the leak and saved what I was told was over $1000 for a new pump. I also ended up placing some solid foam between the reservoir and tray to keep it from moving and pulling away from the pump when you go over bumpy roads. I carry a spare gasket should I get another leak, but so far it is holding great.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote