Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
3750 Dirty Laundry Storage Solution Pictures

Dw and I took the coffee table storage trunk that was mentioned in another thread to the rig today. It did look lonely at the storage lot, but it did have a new family member that appeared, a new 3585SA parked across from it. The trunk worked out perfectly at the foot of the 3750FL bed, and it was even better than we had invisioned. It is exactly the perfect width to be centered on the foot of the bed and still allow the bedroom door to swing freely and plenty of room to access the closet and pass by the trunk. We had went to Walmart yesterday to get the laundry baskets for it, Sterilite square baskets for a little less than six bucks each. Here is the coffee table, storage trunk as it sits at the foot of the bed:

And here is the view of it opened and ready to receive dirty laundry:

The other addition is pictured in the corner. (We had to hook it up to warm up DW since the temp is about 38 degrees here). A Lasko decorative oscillating ceramic heater that we could not pass up since it matched the decor perfectly. We are very happy with the results and are very, very happy that the end result will be an easily accessible location for the dirty clothes!!

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
that is a nice idea
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
vmoore1
Established Member

M.O.C. #12808
That looks nice Bingo
vmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Looks really nice Bingo. If you wanted, you could even run a couples bungies hooked together under the bed's plywood platform, and then hook them on the handles on the table so it doesn't jump around too much when it's riding on the bed.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Greg,
That is close to what I was planning. I think I am going to get a ratchet strap with hook ends that like you say will hook on the bed platform, then a couple of pillows to protect the trunk. I was able to get it on the bed easily by standing it on end and then sliding it onto the bed itself, which kept me from having to lift the entire 80 pounds. Getting it in the rig was a different matter and I can now say without a doubt that the sucker is heavy as well a bulky! I am hoping to get another benefit out of it by being able to use it as a bench as well. I have sat on it to see how sturdy it is and it did hold me with no problem, but I am a little leary of how much weight it can actually hold. May look and see if I can reinforce the lid somehow. Someone had mentioned the merit of having a changing bench there, which I totally agree with.
Bingo
Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Looks good Bingo. Fits perfect. I'm gonna borrow your idea when I get done building my sons log cabin, and make a chest in my shop to use as you are. The only item I have to add is a ramp on the one side for my little Yorkie to get in and out of bed. The bed is to high for him to jump up and down.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That is ironic Keith, that was another use we were fairly certain our dog would employ. Although a little larger than a Yorkie (35 pounds), with the memory foam pad we have on ours, it gives her a little difficulty and I am sure she will use the new step to assume her usual position (between the two of us!).
Bingo