Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bingo...are you guys OK?

Looks like the freaky 'Perfect storm' is close to you, you folks OK?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We came through there one week ago.Glad it was one week ago. Tamarack is no doubt a huge parking lot right now.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks for the concerns, I went to work this morning and the usual one hour trip took about two and a half hours. Sitting on a mountaintop watching trees weighed down by snow snapping and blocking roads. Got on the mountain and no power and about a foot of snow. Back home now, went and bought some gas and kerosene, power is blinking on and off, so preparing to get the Kipor and Honda out if needed as well as the old trusty standby kerosene heater. Here is the parking lot at the office:

So, I gave up on work and headed home and this is part of the journey off of the mine:

We have a winter wonderland for Halloween, but feel fortunate compared to the poor residents of the Northeast that suffered the devastation that I am watching on Foxnews. Hope all of the MOC is okay. The snow is supposed to continue here for another day, and I would say we will end up with a couple of feet at work. Here at the house, it is not bad and we are only supposed to get a couple of inches. Good thing I got the rig winterized last weekend, timing was perfect!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Good to hear
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad you're ok, be careful the next couple of days until things return to normal.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Bingo glad to see you Cathy and the girls are doing well. George and I were worried. Did the river rise much in front of your house?
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good to hear you are OK, thanks for the pic's... we all love pics!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Hey George and Rosetta,
If the river does rise it will be in a couple of days when the snow melts. Reports of 2-3 feet in the mountains of Pocahontas and Randolph counties which have some of the headwater streams that flow into the Kanawha. If it does rise, it will only be about 4-5 feet here at the house due to the locks and the width (650') of the river. I learned long ago about the pics Ozz, the only thing that would have made it better is if one of the "dumpster bears" had appeared. I missed a photo op last week when it was in the bed of the truck at the office. A nice color match to the black Ford that the company so graciously provides for my use. Spent a nice day at home with the family today (power never did go out completely) since school was cancelled which meant no work for Cathy and no school for the youngest daughter. The oldest had to leave for one class today at Marshall. Cathy and the youngest one took a trip to the elementary school where Cathy is now teaching first grade but no one was there, so they returned home. All in all a good day on the riverfront!!
Bingo
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Glad you and your family are Ok.
The Bear would have been a super picture
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Good news , Bingo!
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #11
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Bingo,

Godd to see you made it thru Sandy! Hopefully this monster clears out and the many folks it has affected can start the clean-up and rebuilding of their lives. Our prayers are with them and all those affected!

Les

Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Starting to feel guilty here in the hills of WV. My work site is about an hour from the house in Boone County, WV. At yesterday's account, 98% of Boone County is without power. Got a text this morning that there is no power at the mine again, so I have another day at the house. Cathy teaches in Kanawha County, and they do not have school again, but ironically, both girls have school today (one in high school, the other in college). So we are sitting here at the riverside wondering what to do today to pass the time. Hot tub sounds inviting, DW is trying to convince me to take advantage of the time off by getting stuff done around the house, I am trying to convince her that unexpected days off from work are intended for rest and relaxation. We will be oining in on the combined MOC prayers for those who are less fortunate in the Northeast.
Bingo
Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #13
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Great news. Be safe.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #14
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we will be coming thru WV in about 2 weeks. Get things under control so we can get thru without incident on I64. Glad you have no problems from the storm
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #15
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bingo, thanks for the status. Sitting in my house and watching the news here in the East Coast and seeing the snow reports along with all the bad weather and events in the East is much harder to take casually when you know of people who live in the area.

Your pictures show proof of the media reported snow and storm that caused me to exclaim to my wife, "That's where Bingo lives!" We've been through there on past trips. There are so many other MOC members in these areas. We pray for their safety and their recovery, especially from anyone who didn't fare as well.

I just saw one news story of a family at the coast whose house was swamped then leveled and they found a 13 year old girl's body. Her mom is now in the hospital and her dad is missing. So sad and the saddest part, is there will be more stories like this.

Take care Bingo and family, and friends and relatives and neighbors and ...
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote