Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2011, 04:45 AM   #21
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Ozz,
I relied on the MOC veterans when I selected the Rafter J Bar and they were right on. I've never seen such spacious sites outside of a state park. Well worth the money with no utility issues. Saw a few sites on 16 that fit CGirls "shoehorn" discreption. If you were to up your ETA a day or so, I could extend my stay a day so we could get together.
Mike

pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks to Myna, I saw a few options on review sites.
Carol, good info. I read where some CG's had very close spaces, don't do close spaces well... Also, Good report Carol, as always.
Reminds me of when we drove our Monte in our site on South Padre, all sand. I was jockeying back and forth getting ..just the right spot.. when I got stuck in the sand. hot, tired, a tad embarrassed. A very nice Mexican came over and asked if he could help. He hooked on me and pulled me out. What a nice guy. Some folks help, some are just not nice.
As outspoken...sometimes rude, as I am, the Toad guy would have moved it, or I would have put a Pox on him, burned little effigies of his Toad later in the evening, pins sticking out of it..
Mike it does sound good, but upon further research, the free pancakes aren't even free; $2.50. We just don't know right now, your place sounds the best, but if I can stay at a $33.00 park and it has fair amenities, I will go that route.
We leave here the 8th, will probably stay at Lusk one night, then on to your area.
If I miss you there, we are headed to Yellowstone area next. Don't remember your travel schedule, but I really do hope we meet.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #23
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Carol/Ozz/All,
Heading to Custer SP North entrance, GPS took me the side streets thru Custer and bam we see Carol's place. Drove thru and no one home at the Monty's continued on to Custer. Glad I don't have a dually or would be stuck in the first tunnel. Beautiful place. Visited CH, saw the movie and got the rock will come back in my next life to see if it is completed by 3000.
Ozz,
Many places near Custer and Hill City that looked fine. We depart on the 8th headed to Chamberlain then on to Blue Ox to do the form fit and function on a bedsaver.
See all at the luncheon.
Mike
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
OK, Broken Arrow. 50 amp Pull-thru by the office, guy sounded real nice and accommodating, we will be there the 10th, $35 a night. I will still have to collect Elk scat in a dustpan to get in, ain't the first time...
We will see you stragglers up there.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #25
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Went by there today. It is a RV and HORSE campground so you should pick up a horse before you get there. It won't be elk scat you will be picking up or stepping in.
Cheers and stuff,
Mike
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #26
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

Went by there today. It is a RV and HORSE campground so you should pick up a horse before you get there. It won't be elk scat you will be picking up or stepping in.
Cheers and stuff,
Mike
Ha! Too funny. Sue absolutely loves horses, she had one once, misses old Poco. When she found they had stables there, that was the deal maker. Oh well they are round and easy to pick up, unless you step on one...
Old 07-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #27
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
we are at heartland rv park in hemosa site#15 fhu 50amp cable and wifi PA like 20.00 a night. horses in pasture behind park but you have to be careful feeding them from your hand a young girl had one bite her finger thurs. moral don't feed a horse a little bit of grass between your fingers.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #28
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
pineranch

yesterday we were out in the State Park, did the Wild Life road tour, and yes, we did the Needles, and Big Butt does fit through that tunnel that measures, so they say, 8 foot 4 inches. We did pull the side mirrors in tho! LOL I am here to report that duel wheels DO fit thru that tunnel. I heard they take tour buses through, or at least they took one thru yesterday morning sometime. After we took BB thru there, we parked and watched other cars and trucks going thru, not one more duel and I so cracked up to see these little mini SUV's pulling in their side mirrors! CountryGuy did fab driving duty yesterday!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #29
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We will be arriving at Custer Gultch by the State Park entrance on the 12th and will be there for a week. Hope to see several of you.

Myna, isn't your ROD good for Hart Ranch too? Great place.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #30
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Helen, Thank you. Good to know. We are planning to leave Saturday, and head to the Rally in NE.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Sorry we couldn't make it, we had limited time and my wife hadn't seen some of her family in years and Tuesday was already planned. We were lucky enough to park right by Capt Kidd, what an awesome guy and a great deal of help to all his neighbors after the big hail storm. We just got home earlier this afternoon and a re-thinking about going to SD in the future, the weather has always been bad for us while we were there. Sorry to miss all our friends, I hope someone has pictures!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote