Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #21
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Putting the Sat Sig thru RG 59 is like trying to put a gallon of water in a quart bottle. It will burn out the splitter to the bedroom also. A friend of mine,who bought a brand new MH that wasn't wired for Sat 4 years ago, told me his salesman said,"I was full of it". He apoligized 3 months later when he had to replace the spliter. Even now if he uses the cable hook-up, with new splitter, the pic quality is poor. He brings the Sat cable in through the drivers window.

dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #22
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We installed a crank up dish with a dual LNB on our 02 3280RL and ran ran both cables through the roof using the suppled cover plate and lots of sealer. Ran one lint the bedroom through the attic. By removing the vents we could feed the cable through using the awning rod and a loggers vocabulary. Drilled an inch and half hole in the back of the bedroom TV cabinet and ran the line to a second receiver. For those few times trees were in the way of the roof mount we carry a second dish on a tripod and use the Satellite connector on the side of the rig.
What ever you do use RG 6 cable. Now we have a motor home and to install the Internet satellite system needed to run two wires into the area where the desk is. The desk is on a slide out. We drilled Two holes through the floor under the desk. This coach has styrofoam insulation in the floor so used funny hose covered with silicone glue shoved it through the holes in the floor. After the glue set trimmed the hose flush inside and out. We feed the cables up through the floor and have no holes in the siding.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #23
Montana_1026
Established Member

M.O.C. #1026
Don and Judy,

I use a Dish System with a 500 receiever. I own a 3400RL model.

The Dish technician removed the outside cable plate, hooked a male/male connector to the exsisting cable and the new dual cable, which he supplied, and with my assistance from the inside, we were able to pull the new cable through the wall without any difficulty.
I bought a dual cable connector plate from Radio Shack and some sealing putty for the back of the plate, drilled out a bigger hole, so the new plate and mounted cables could fit properly, and mounted the new connector plate where the privious single connector plate was mounted.
I have no troubles at all except for having the patience to locate the sattelites at times.
Montana_1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #24
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I have the Dish 500 as well. My system has the dual LNBF and goes to a switch box of some kind and goes to a single cable. I hook it to the cable input and no problem.
Hope this helps.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:32 AM   #25
Montana_3360
Established Member

M.O.C. #3360
Latest update. We are now in Texas and just got the sat hooked up.

I hooked the two cables from the sat into a "duplexer" on the outside to make one cable that then hooks to the one connection on the outside of the Montana. Then use another duplexer on the inside to bring back to two cables (one for each receiver). It works fine and no new holes in the Montana.

You do need RG6 cable from the sat to the receiver. From the receiver to TV's you can use regular cable.

In the cabinet behind the TV, I have a plate with two connections with a cable looped to each. The top is the satelite in from outside. The satelite/cable connection on the plate below goes to the bedroom TV. Thank you for all the assistance.
Montana_3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #26
Montana_3360
Established Member

M.O.C. #3360
We were still having intermitant problems. I found the problem was the cable to cable connectors I used to connect the short cables from the the dish to the longer cables running to the duplexer. Radio Shack assured me the connectors would were RG6 compatible. I had not noticed, but they were different, one had yellow plastic ends and the other had clear. One sort of worked, one did not. I was in Circuit City looking for the right connectors and started talking to a gentleman that was looking also. After I explained my problem, he said you need connectors with blue ends. CC did not have them, but he gave me two for $1 each. Turns out he was a cable/satelite tech. He was right. Replaced the wrong connectors with the ones with the blue ends and now everything has run well and worked for more than two weeks. Some times we are just lucky!
Montana_3360 is offline   Reply With Quote